Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DERKA
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wonderin if i could get a little help here. maybe from some people who know a little more about fiberglass that i do.
anyways i was planning on doing a custom box for my g6 gt. im annoying by just a regular box, just looks crappy to me. but i wanted to do somthing like a custom fiberglass box lk right before the wheel well. were the stock amp and fuse panels are located. i know it would probably have to be fiberglass, ive done a little fiberglass before but nothing this cuustom. would any body have any ideas or input on how i would go about starting this?
here is a picture of one similar of what i wanna do.

http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/d/3822-9/subb5.jpg

thanks for any and all your help

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
to get it to fit the spot nicely you would want to tape off the area that the box would touch. Fiberglass the area in the shape you want. Do a couple of layers on it. Pull the base out and remove the tape. get a mounting ring for the sub. make a couple stands and attach them to the ring and fiberglass the stands to the base of the box so the ring cannot move. stretch fleece over the ring and attach to the base. fiberglass the fleece. cut the hole for the sub. use water or packing peanuts to measure the internal volume. make the internal space smaller if needed. Make sure everything fits into the spot. finally, paint or carpet the box.

Heres a link about what getonerd was talking about and also will help with some of the things i said.

@Tupp: how deep does it allow for a sub?

·
DERKA
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the subs are the vmax 122. im guessing theyre probably around 10 or so inches deep n needs a few inches behind it for proper airflow. im not too sure i cant find the exact dimensions of the sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts