Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about custom designing a sub box and finish off the inside of the trunk lid. Im hoping everyone out there that has done this already could post their creations on here for everyone to see...and so I can get some ideas! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was cool dude!! ...But I would like a little room in my trunk for storage! lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else have pics of custom sub boxes in their trunks???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
this was mine

its currently sitting somewhere in my back yard. changing it up this summer.

Building a new box. 1.5ft3 ported tuned at 30Hz. Then im going to do a custom fiberglass panel to go across it the same as the carpeted one i had, except the sub will be centered and ill have 2 boxes on either side of it to hold the crossovers for my front speakers. Then im going to make 2 amp racks that will attach to the top of the trunk to hold my amps. Should look pretty good once its done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey guys I just got a custom box built for my 2 Alpine type r's, I was wondering if anyone knows how to cover it with carpet or vinyl. Right now its just wood. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Dmanj!! I actually wanted to build exactly what you have in ur first pic....except I have two 12" subs and I'm thinking about a false floor with a window to the amp below (lighted up with red LEDs of course!!)....So not EXACTLY like urs! lol

How hard was it to build the box to close off the area to the back seats??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i'd have a false floor except i need my spare tire.

The box was pretty easy to build. i just took alot of measurements and made it fit the area. The whole thing is really build in 3 sections though. I made the back part and then the front part is 2 separate panels screwed onto the the box as you can see from the pictures. Probably wasnt the best idea because i have no doubt it was leaking and making it sound like crap. Thats why its sitting in my backyard under a few feet of snow lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The box was pretty easy to build. i just took alot of measurements and made it fit the area. The whole thing is really build in 3 sections though. I made the back part and then the front part is 2 separate panels screwed onto the the box as you can see from the pictures. Probably wasnt the best idea because i have no doubt it was leaking and making it sound like crap. Thats why its sitting in my backyard under a few feet of snow lol

Nice....snow is a great way to see if it's got any leaks!! lol

I'm thinking about doing what you did only the front is going to be one piece...and i might plaster/fiber glass the front to give it some curves! lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The fiberglass piece I'm going to make this summer will be one piece. The only reason this one wasn't was because I used it as the front of the box and it was impossible to get it all in there in one piece. Downside to that was it sounded like crap!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any progression guys?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
finished my new box on the weekend. ill post pics of it in the trunk tomorrow. still too cold to do any fiberglass work though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool Cool!! Can't wait to see it!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have any pictures yet, but I'm gonna get a custom box too. I carry around a full size tire in my trunk, so the guy is gonna build a box around the tire that will hold the tire in place and still hold some subs and an amp. We'll see how that turns out. :p

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ok. so heres the new box. sitting too far to the back of the car because the amps are behind it. once i decide what im going to do with the amps the box will be able to slide back against the seats and i can start the cover for it. But right now the box is going to have to be redone abit because i made the port too small and now it whistles

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
thats nice! hey dmanj does the light in the car rattle and vibrate obnoxiously? my single 10 just killed it and now it sounds like crap..tried to get the light out but not sure how to do it without breaking it...lol

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
damn...lol my light turns on but rattles around in the light cover...almost want to rip it out..lol
got into a woofer battle with some tool on 20"s i just pulled up next to him and he heard my subs and cranked his up all the way...his rims were so nice but i wasnt going to win considering mine was up pretty damn loud and is almost blown as it is..sounded like he had 2 12s cuz his car sounded like a tin can...it was a green GP. lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts