Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 3.5L 2005 V6 G6.. and , like your rotted through the middle pipe. I cut it out and welded a straight pipe.. and.. though it DOES have a nice deep tone at IDLE.. get a buddy to drive it with you outside.. and.. it sound RASPY as HELL! it sounds like a very bad ricer and I am looking forward to getting something put back in its place. anyone thinking of doing that PLEASE think twice cause it sounds awful when you step on it. any other options for what to put there?

·
Registered
159 Posts
vibrant performance makes several different resonators that would work well. my buddy has a v6 tiburon and it sounds absolutely amazing. I'm going to talk to him in a few days to see exactly what he did and what he removed.

my previous car was a 4cyl and it was impossible to have a free flowing exhaust without having the "rocks in a coffee can" sound. it's just something that is pretty much unavoidable with 4 cylinders...you could add several resonators to make your exhaust so quiet that you can't hear the rattling sound, but then you can't hear the exhaust anymore and it ruins half the idea of putting exhaust on the car.

my suggestion is to start small. I haven't looked at the OEM exhaust yet, but I'd start by removing the smallest restriction. If letting it exhale a little better makes it sound like crap then we might be SOL when it comes to a good sounding exhaust. I've heard some sexy v6's before(350Z / G35) and makes me want exhaust really bad already.

I had borla on my Reno and it sounded fantastic aside from the "rocks in a can". I no longer have the video, but it sounded very beastly for an I4.

Once I get a good look at the exhaust, I can probably come up with a better suggestion than the trial and error method.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.