Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have a 2007 pontiac g6, 2.4l. In my opinion, it was a steal at $1300, 130k miles.
I bought this knowing it would have a few small issues needing fixed, one of them being the misfire.
I've replaced all spark plugs and put new ignition coils on the leftmost and rightmost cylinders (not knowing which one was #4) and cleared the codes, which had no effect.
I've been told the fuel injectors could be the culprit, and I've ran fuel injector cleaner through a few times, also no effect.

It may be worth mentioning there is a slight clanking noise when accelerating, most noticeable going on an on-ramp. When I bought the car a month ago, the mpg was 24, now down to a measly 19.1.

What should my next plan of action be, fuel injector replacement?

I apologize for the poor format (tired) and not knowing a whole lot about cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would do a compression test to make sure that the problem is not an internal engine problem like valves. If all cylinders check out then try to isolate the problem cylinder. The number 4 cylinder is on the driver's side but I don't know why that would make any difference. Is the misfire constant or does is happen under load ? Clanking ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will definitely check on getting the tools for the compression test. As far as I know, the misfiring is constant, the mpg always stays about the same, even on long rides. And the clanking I was talking about, I probably should've described it as ticking. Still pretty concerning, tho. I can try getting an audio recording of it within a few hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts