Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I recently purchased a 2009.5 Pontiac G6 GT and I'm really liking it, I've owned many Pontiacs over the years including 2 Grand Am's and a Grand Prix. As my Grand Prix was going on 10 years old I decided now was the time to purchase one last Pontiac with a warranty, sad their gone isn't it?

Anyways I've tried my best to answer my question without having to ask in case it's been answered many times but couldn't find a lot of information. On the 09.5's the DIC is built in right under the speedometer and fortunately not in the radio. I'm looking at possibly adding a aftermarket head unit ( I have the monsoon system, hopefully this functions as normal with a new HU ) because I'd kinda like to get at least a few 10's set up nicely in the trunk to give it a little thump.

Now with the DIC being under the speedometer is any functionality going to be lost by removing the stock player? I really would like to retain all of the DIC's functionality as most of it is quite slick and occasionally useful.

Thanks guys I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The buttons for the DIC are on the steering wheel.. I'm in the same boat.. I have 2 10's and a HU ready to go in.. just don't know what harness to get..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they are on the steering wheel, I feel like no functionality would be lost but I just wanted to make sure. It's interesting having a 2009.5 because there is not much information about the orphaned half year step.

I love the G8 inspired appearance, more then one person thought I was driving a G8 when they first saw the car.. heh nice G6 Jon, mine looks just like that :)

Hopefully someone has done this and can fill us in as to how the DIC and Monsoon reacts to removing the stock player.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts