181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Havent posted anything in awhile so..:D

THis was taken awhile ago

New reverse light leds

Added lights to under the doors,Side mirrors,Reflectors, Speakers, And anything inside was changed from bulb to led.
Shifter,hazard light button,climate control,window switch door locks trunk button and door pocket. LOL
Not the best pictures but i took them right when i was done before winter:eek:
Everything is mainley Blue and Red With a tiny tiny bit of orange Need to throw my fav collor in there. And the under seat light are multicolor.

If i ever mess with lights again im going to get a DMX controller and do everything RGB so i can program modes or have it work like a pro kit.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
I like the idea of the lights under the door. I may have to look into that. How did you do yours?

·
Banned
240 Posts
Bro that lighting is just well ..hmmmmmmm smooooothhhh .. looks so damn sweet it all blends very nice..Love it !!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I took the panels off and drilled a small hole and put the leds flush so you cant really see them until there on. And i taped into the wire that the dome light is connected to it was actually the ground wire to get them to turn on and off with the Dome light.
Then i ran the wires through the grommet in the door and under the door trim.
Also the mirrors turn on and off with the fob Lock/Unlock. Kind of like curtisy lights.

I had the whole car apart for around a week working on dyno matt and speakers so i did the lights at the same time.

·
Banned
240 Posts
needless to say u can tell u took ur time and did a great job... U just gave me an idea and I am going to revamp my lighting.. Mine looks sweet on but during the day it's a lil cheezy.. it's been to damn cold and I hate taking apart shit like panels I get impatient.. U ever coming near Port Huron Michigan.. I will tell u what I want and pay u to do it lolol :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
You just sealed the deal for me. I HAVE to get the ekm3's. I have been looking at them for awhile now.

What color did you get? It looks too light to be the Gunmetal.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
How "fun" was it to get the gauge cluster out to do the LED's?
I actually havent swapt those yet. I kinda wanted a backup incase i fooked mine up.

You just sealed the deal for me. I HAVE to get the ekm3's. I have been looking at them for awhile now.

What color did you get? It looks too light to be the Gunmetal.
Yeah there the silver i believe. Its funny out of everything ive done i get the most comments on the rims.

those puddle lights look great! Excellent work!
Thanks.. much better than my GF reaction of.... ohh your done i want to go to the store. LOL

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Daniel -

when you changed the heater control LED did you change the ones onthe board or did you do something different? i am doing mine next week...
i Changed them on the board and ill get a pic up of it soon:D they where regular tiny bulbs with a red cap over them. So if anyone has theres starting to link pink or turn white its that cap falling apart.

·
Registered
174 Posts
very nice work men good job :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
what size led did you put in your tail lights? i have an 08 g6 4 door and i can not find the right sze for mine. and from the previous pics on this blog it looked like you smoked your tail lights possibly with the vht stuff? did you wet sand and the whole 9 yards?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wondering if you had any tips on replacing a burnt out bulb on my HVAC Knob (Vent Selection) ? I know I have to start removing stuff to get TO it...lol......Not sure where to start? 2007 G6 GTP

181 - 200 of 200 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.