Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put in a light burl stick on dashkit over the weekend that I ordered from edash.com. Over all I'm pleased with it. The kit came with so many pieces that I didn't even use them all.

Theres a few more pics on my cardomain page, but these show the main pieces. For those of you who don't like the wood grain, the kits come in a lot of colors. Red or brushed aluminum would've looked good too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tend to not be someone who likes the woodgrain style, BUT, that looks really great :) Ad pictures with the distributor usually leave a lot to be desired though which may have been part of the turn off for me. I'm tight for money (hence my trading of an 04 GP GTP for the G6 sedan) but if I decide to mod, the dash was one of the things I thought of first. Again, looks really good!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was looking into getting either the brushed aluminum or red color.. but I was afraid to order them because I always felt that they would be raised up from the original making a "visible lip".. does it lay pretty flush? Also my car is leased would it be a pain to get off, or will it even come off LOL??

·
Registered
58 Posts
The pictures look really impressive. It's difficult to believe those are just decals.

SimplyRed said:
I was looking into getting either the brushed aluminum or red color.. but I was afraid to order them because I always felt that they would be raised up from the original making a "visible lip".. does it lay pretty flush? Also my car is leased would it be a pain to get off, or will it even come off LOL??
I wouldn't worry about taking it off when your lease is up. As long as it looks nice and like it belongs on the car, they shouldn't charge you for it. I left several decals on my Grand Prix when I turned it in. You might even be able to have your dealer check your car over, so they can estimate any damage before you turn it in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Honestly, I think it looks like sh*t. But that's because I don't think the wood grain goes well with the car and especially not the red steering wheel.

However, if those are decals they look really good in the sense that they look like they are actually panels. I thought you actually ripped out the panels and replaced them until someone else mentioned the decals.

It's just my 2 cents, not trying to flame. As long as you are happy that's all that matters. My mom hates the color of my car but I could care less.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lucius said:
Honestly, I think it looks like sh*t. But that's because I don't think the wood grain goes well with the car and especially not the red steering wheel.

However, if those are decals they look really good in the sense that they look like they are actually panels. I thought you actually ripped out the panels and replaced them until someone else mentioned the decals.

It's just my 2 cents, not trying to flame. As long as you are happy that's all that matters. My mom hates the color of my car but I could care less.
Wow, you don't like the wheelskins? Oh Well, I was going to get the dashkit in red, but went with the wood grain for resale value. Some old fart might might want to buy the car, but prefer the dash in wood grain, not red. Steering wheel covers are easier to change than a dash kit. Once a dash kits on, it ain't coming off! The pieces aren't "decals," or "stickers," there about 2 mm's thick and made out of synthetic light burl with a "high gloss Gem-Flex™ Poly coating, the next-generation finish that eliminates yellowing, peeling, cracking and fading." It applies with 3M tape, hence "stick on" not "sticker!!!" All of your upper class cars have woodgrain in them. Besides, the older (33 now) I get, the more I'm starting to like the woodgrain look. It WILL happen to you too, especially if your a S.M.I.B!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the wheelskin probably looked good on the original black, but not so much with the woodgrain.

I don't have a problem with woodgrain in and of itself, but I just don't think it goes well with the rest of the interior in the G6.

·
Registered
114 Posts
they'll come with woodgrain from the factory, but i don't think it's an orderable option (at least not on the base model).

i would suggest changing out to a black wheel cover though, and i don't know how it looks in person, but it seems to clash pretty badly with the velour dashmat you've got. i'd take the woodgrain over that any day, but taste is subjective.

what brand did you go with? i checked out NYC dash, and they have a paintable ABS plastic that i might just have factory matched for that personal touch, but yours turned out real nice, and i'd hate to end up with a hackjob for a kit...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry dude. I think it looks really tacky. Lose the dash mat, and the steering wheel cover and you'll be MUCH better off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone has different tastes but I have to say the woodtrim with the red wheel and the white dash cover "clash".
Just my opinion. If your happy with the mods thats all that matters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
intrument panel

Can you get just the single piece around the instruments? I don't want to buy the whole kit. Just need it to match the factory burl. I saw the link on another thread but couldn't find that piece.

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
BillyJack said:
Can you get just the single piece around the instruments? I don't want to buy the whole kit. Just need it to match the factory burl. I saw the link on another thread but couldn't find that piece.

Thanks!
their site doesn't list just the single piece (i assume it's www.edashkit.com), but it wouldn't hurt to try emailing them and seeing if they can set you up with something. or just buy the full kit and see if you can sell the rest of it on ebay or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im sorry, I have to agree with JP375, the dash mat looks horrrrrible, and im not sure where the red wheel cover fits in. And wow, no offense to explr1, but im SO glad I waited for the 3-spoke steering wheel!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Besides, the older (33 now) I get, the more I'm starting to like the woodgrain look. It WILL happen to you too, especially if your a S.M.I.B!!!
They tell me that I too am getting older and for that reason I may be losing a little bit of my "coolness" but what the heck does S.M.I.B mean? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts