Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT and among the many problems with the panoramic sun roof, two control panel lights have "burned out." The fog lamp on/off indicator and more noticeably the vent control light (floor/defrost etc.).

The dealer says its $300 to replace the entire unit as the bulb isn't replaceable or just not available (I don't remember). :mad:

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Similar issues? :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
nichwarzy said:
I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT and among the many problems with the panoramic sun roof, two control panel lights have "burned out." The fog lamp on/off indicator and more noticeably the vent control light (floor/defrost etc.).

The dealer says its $300 to replace the entire unit as the bulb isn't replaceable or just not available (I don't remember). :mad:

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Similar issues? :)
It is a unit(fog light indicator), the dealer is correct. There is no bulb in the unit, it is a LED. IF your car still under warranty, it is covered at no cost to you. The HVAC indicators are also LED's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately my car isn't under warranty anymore (42K miles). Do you know if this is something I can tackle? The LED lights in the HVAC controls are seperate from the $300 unit? Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's been 2 years since I took apart the HVAC controls, but I think the bulbs for the general backlighting were replaceable. If it's the indicator for the AC or rear def. then you are out of luck. If you take it apart and find they aren't replaceable you could try a junk yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts