Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT 65K miles and just recently the yellow/orange low tire pressure and red airbag indicator lights appear on the dashboard shortly after turning igntion. They continue to stay on throughout my drive. Sometimes they disappear, but here lately, they just remain constant. Is this a common occurance or might there be a malfunction that needs attention or if serious enough should I take to dealer? I figured it may be a sensor error but not sure and there's nothing in owner's manuel that addresses situation. PLEASE HELP! Thanks...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT 65K miles and just recently the yellow/orange low tire pressure and red airbag indicator lights appear on the dashboard shortly after turning igntion. They continue to stay on throughout my drive. Sometimes they disappear, but here lately, they just remain constant. Is this a common occurance or might there be a malfunction that needs attention or if serious enough should I take to dealer? I figured it may be a sensor error but not sure and there's nothing in owner's manuel that addresses situation. PLEASE HELP! Thanks...
Are you getting any message on the DIC? Did both lights originally appear simultaneously? I assume you checked the tire air pressure already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you getting any message on the DIC? Did both lights originally appear simultaneously? I assume you checked the tire air pressure already.

Yes I have added air to tires but airbag light continues to appear.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

Yes I have added air to tires but airbag light continues to appear.
Unfortunately, the airbag system is not DIY friendly at all. You'll need a dealer to fix that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts