Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dash Vents Not Working

I have a 2005 G6, just recently had an issue where the drain hose for the sunroof came loose by the passenger door. Fixed it and then the next day the dash vents stopped working. It is on defrost and the floor but not through the dash. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I did some research on that part, and yeah sounds like it could be the issue. may have gotten wet as I bellieve that part is located on the passenger side. What I cannot find is how to replace it. Does anyone have an idea how to do this? I would like to avoid taking it in.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have a 2005 G6, just recently had an issue where the drain hose for the sunroof came loose by the passenger door. Fixed it and then the next day the dash vents stopped working. It is on defrost and the floor but not through the dash. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks
Do you have manual or auto climate control? What exactly happens when you turn the mode switch from one position to the next? Can you hear the mode door actuator working?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well some good news !! I tried just blasting the heat, and now it works. I am guessing that some moisture from the sunroof drain issue got into the actuator. A few days later it has dried out and is working again.

Not sure if it is manual or automatic though. How would I find this out ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turned knobs, I cranked up the heat to max (regardless of the wife complaining as it is hot in our area of the country right now). I then turned it back to cold. And air stared flowing from the dash vents !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts