Pontiac G6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Def liking the mods so far. How r u liking the Eagle eyes & do u have HID's in them
Thanks dude. I love the lights! The output and cutoff is good. I don't care for the side leds much but they are nice I guess ;p No HIDs just stock with chrome stealth bulbs for signals.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
where did u get ur l/p led? mine was a direct swap but yours appears to throw more light...and more evenly? have a pic?

also, did you eagle eyes have the separation on the inside corners

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
where did u get ur l/p led? mine was a direct swap but yours appears to throw more light...and more evenly? have a pic?

also, did you eagle eyes have the separation on the inside corners
Xenon White T10 168 194 W5W Wedge 5 SMD 5050 LED LIGHT

If you google or ebay that you will find it. It's a 0.5w 5 SMD and it's a direct fit.

I think the gap or seperation is normal. I remember looking at them and thinking it was weird but no issues and no more condensation that I can tell...

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Xenon White T10 168 194 W5W Wedge 5 SMD 5050 LED LIGHT

If you google or ebay that you will find it. It's a 0.5w 5 SMD and it's a direct fit.

I think the gap or seperation is normal. I remember looking at them and thinking it was weird but no issues and no more condensation that I can tell...
thanks! i actually think mine is the same thing, ill have to get a pic of it.

thanks for the info on the headlights! i was worried mine were not assembled correctly at 1st.

you must have the same problem i do Dav3.. because of the housing it looks like light only comes from one side.
yea, im guessing maybe its only on coupes? or only certain years?

but in the l/p bulb thing ...it holds the light at an angle....so it appears half the plate gets more light...its not a huge issue i guess but im a perfectionist lol. i may have to alter it to shine straight down

and after typing all that i see we have an 05-06-07 lol 2 sedans and my coupe so i have no idea why his looks to be lit up so evenly

also, where did you get your stealth bulbs?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The bulb was $1 from a seller in Singapore :) It's bright so it's hard to tell if it shines more on either side but the reflection on the ground looks like it shines more on the right side. Looking at the plate it's evenly lit...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was thinking of putting these in the marker lights but they might be too bright or look weird with the new halos...

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
ah nice. mine is slightly diff, has 5 smaller leds, all pointing down. it too was like 1.50 lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
NICE!!! i pretty sure i want some eagle eyes now lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey man your 6 is looking great. I was wondering if you could possibly take a picture of the headlights at night? I am interested in those headlights, but im just not sure how the light output is,

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
So here's the deal... My son and I walked away from what could have been a potentially fatal accident in February. I don't know how we walked away but we did. I had minor?injuries which felt major let me tell you. I was in constant pain everyday for 5 weeks (back, cracked rib, knee, etc) This year has been a disaster to say the least. After the accident I had no intention on ever logging in here or G6P ever again. I wanted to update now to basically close this thread and say goodbye to all those who remember or cared. I can't even look at these threads anymore :(

Anyway, I just settled with insurance about a week ago. Total time spent for claim and negotiating settlement was around 7-8 weeks. What a nightmare! I went last weekend to Kitchener (still very nervous to drive) where my G6 was stored. It was the first time I seen it since the accident. I brought my camera but I couldn't bare to take pictures. I was able to retrieve my sound system with the metra kit, cold air intake (K&N), eagle eye halo projectors (1 seems fairly undamaged but the other is done---good for parts maybe?), the lights still have the chrome stealth bulbs like brand new and the oracle led fogs 5000k, I got back my 1 license plate as well.

Overall, I'm thankful to be here but I miss the car like I would my left nut. Another reason for my post today, I would like to sell everything from the car. Below is a list of things I need to sell asap. I'll be posting in the appropriate section once I'm able to take pictures with my name and come up with some prices.

Metra 99-3303 dash kit (like brand new!! comes with box, manual) This is still wired up to my Pioneer DEH-P6900UB deck which is also for sale either included with Metra or sold seperate. It's a very nice deck that has 3 sets of 4v preouts and tonnes of tuning options. It plays usb hard drives/devices with no issues and has rca line as well. comes with remote.

Rockford Fosgate P3001 (400W RMS @ 2Ohm) Awesome little amp that pounds. Great condition. I ran this with my Bassworx Dual Ported 10" box and 2 MTX 300W subs (600W RMS) underpowerd by 200W but it slams hard. I wouldn't want any louder sysem.

Dr. Speed Cold Air Intake with K&N cone filter and recharge kit. Great condition

I'd like to see someone make use of the Eagle Eye's Halo Projectors either for parts or whatever. One headlight looks like it's ok aside from one of the top plasic mounts broken. It's sealed and undamaged from what I can tell. The other however, is cracked and filled with moisture. Such a shame :( I also have the chrome Stealth Bulbs taken from the headlights which are almost brand new and the Oracle 18SMD LED 5000k fogs.

If you or anyone you know is interested in these items please help spread the word and see the for sale section later today or PM and I will check messages over the next few days. Thanks to all those who helped me along the way. You know who you are. It never went unappreciated. I hate to say goodbye but I don't feel I can be an active member any more due to the bad memories of the accident. This was much more than a "total loss" for me. Mods: An extra special thanks for your help along the way. If you can please lock this thread? Leaving it at that.. Take care everyone. Peace..

Shaun aka datacat

RIP G6

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow thats brutal :( It sad to hear something like that happen. At least u guys are okay. Its too bad about the car too tho! All that work! I guess you get to start over now!

·
Administrator
4,180 Posts
We're definitly going to miss you around here DC. Although I'm very sad to here your 6 is gone, I'm glad that you and your son are okay. Per your request I'll lock it up.

Take care, and if you feel up to it come by and visit. :beer:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.