Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Finally getting around to doing HID's on my 2008 GXP Coupe..Just a handful of questions if you don't mind (I promise I tried to go through the forum and get gouge rather than ask questions that's been asked a million times! :) )..

First off, Any photo comparisons of 6K and 8K from other members G6's? I cannot make up my mind and was curious how "blue" the 8's are on the DDM kits and how "white" the 6's are on the DDM kits? I'd like a hint of blue rather than straight white but not looking for the ricer blue look. More like a crystal blue, if that makes sense.

I was looking at the kits..What are the expensive $147.50 D1S/R kits? I'm guessing that is unneeded and just go for the DDM or Raptor Kits?

I was going to go with the $40 DDM Kit but just a few questions..

From doing research on here..I read the harness is highly recommended. Do I need the error eliminator,adapter cables or mounting brackets as well?

I want to upgrade the Fogs too but was curious if a kit is needed for those as well or just need the bulbs?

Lastly, I also have the Eagle Eye Halo Projectors..Would the 35W or 55W Ballasts be suggested? I know without projectors I'd be blinding half the road with the 55W Ballasts but wondered with the projectors if it's a smart upgrade to go 55?

Thanks So Much! I'm stoked to upgrade my Eagle Eyes to HID's!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Can't help with the comparison but I have DDM 55w 6000k bulbs in my lows. They are blue when I turn them on but heat up to a nice bright white with just a touch of blue. Looks more like a factory hid than the ricer blues. My understanding is that the 35w 6000k hids are a little bluer then the 55s.

Also have DDM 35w 3000k kit in my GXP fogs. The h10 bulbs plug right in no sweat. Basically the same type of install as the lows. Hardest part is figuring out where to secure the ballasts.

Both kits are Raptors from DDM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. I may take a look at a 55W 8K kit then since it seems the higher wattage ballast kills the blue a bit (I was getting this impression since I began researching HID upgrades a few months ago). If anyone has a 55W 8K kit that could interject on this, please do. Mshinall, Do you have any photos of your GXP with the HIDs on?

So the Fogs are H10 bulbs & the low-beams are H11s, yes? And to confirm, I need a DDM Kit for the Fogs just like I would for the lo/hi's? I do see it's highly advised to not put the 55W kits in the fogs.

I also read I'll need to drill a hole in the dust caps to fit the wires? Is it specified in the how-to guide as to what diameter the hole(s) need to be?

Sorry for all the questions! Just want to be about as accurate with all this as I can. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
317 Posts
5k is actually pure white and thats what i got.. im to lazy to get the link of my progress page but its in my sig...

i just got the 35w bc some people said that with the 55 some melting could occur
and i have the mounting brackets and they work fing

and if you get the ones from ddm DO NOT drill a hole in the dust cover on my progression page the best way to do it is on there

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got the 35w 6000k slim ballasts for my lows and fogs from ddm tuning. I didn't buy the relay harness but I wish I would have. I paid 100 shipped for both sets and were easy to install myself...

DO NOT drill holes in your dust covers, it's unnecessary and your just making an additional hole for moisture to get in.

I mounted both the fog and low ballasts to the beam right beneath the headlight.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts