Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dead squirrel 馃惪 somewhere in the fresh air circulation to the inside of the car. Has so one experienced a similar problem and can tell me how to get inside.

2008 G6 GT Convertible.

thank you

08 convertible
Why do you believe there is a squirrel in there? Did you see it go in? How/where did it enter the system?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I did not see it go in and have know idea how it got there. What I do now is I have a very bad oder like a rotting animal and I only assume it is a squirrel because I had numerous squirrels around the car. The fan does not make any abnormal noises but the smell intensively when I turn on the fan. Were is the intake for outside air?

Registered
The intake for the air system is at the base of the windshield under the plastic grill. I think you can get the grill off after you pull the wiper arms, but I haven't tried it. - Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The intake for the air system is at the base of the windshield under the plastic grill. I think you can get the grill off after you pull the wiper arms, but I haven't tried it. - Mark
Thanks a Mark I will try that and let you know. I wonder if I can get a shop vacuumed in there

Registered
I once had a dead minnow in the trunk of my TR7. Stunk up that car for weeks untill I found the little sucker. He was about 2" long. Your squirrel may just be a little mice.

Registered
Back in my Cadillac days we'd get cars for odor. Hot and Stanky!
In hot, humid environments, moisture would build on the evaporator core, and mildew would thrive there.
Makes me wonder if the evaporator core drain is plugged, retaining moisture, breeding yucky stuff and stinking up the place.
Off hand, I don't know where that is.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Registered
I'm guessing it's a mouse, at worst. Or as davez26 posted, just mold or fungus on one of the HVAC cores. Most likely the A/C.
I had to park my G6 outside under some trees, for a while. All the kwrap that fell off the trees and washed down into the cowl grill would really reek for a while.

Registered
That smell must be horrible! Even after removing the dead animal, you may have a hard time getting rid of the odor. I have never had a dead animal in my vents, but I did have some kind of rodent, probably a rat, chew up my wiring on my 08 G6 GT 3.5. Cost me over $700.00 to have repaired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts