Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happens to everyone at some point. I guess this was my turn.

I left my keys in the ignition overnight which drained the battery. I gave my 2008 G6 GT a jump which recharged the battery. Unfortunately, the keyless remote/start system doesn't work anymore and my tire pressure system reads 2 dashes for the pressure.

It's just out of warranty so the dealership wants to charge me $360 to replace the keyless receiver. Though, I don't believe the remote receiver is the problem since the tire pressure system isn't working either. I believe it could possibly be a programming issue and the dealership just wants to charge me more. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before I consent to the $360 fix. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...on a side note, you joined the forum in 08 and this is your first post??
I know... It's sad...

i know this may sound stupid. but try the DIC settings. maybe the jump reset all the settings and switched off the keyless entry?
Not stupid at all. If fact, it's the first thing I checked.

I checked all of the fuses and nothing was blown. It just doesn't make sense that jumping off a car will blow up a module. Besides, it would blow a fuse first. I did some research online and found the following GM bulletin:

#08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 2008)

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2® could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

I confronted the service department about this bulletin and they're saying that it's still blown and needs to be replaced. I have a friend that's a GM service tech and I'm taking the car to him on Wednesday. I'll post what he finds.

· Registered
606 Posts
I know jump starting cars has caused expensive problems, I for one just disconnect battery and use a charger.
If no charger just disconnect battery and use another car to charge it up, safer.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry it's taken so long to get back with the solution.

So it turns out the first dealership wasn't entirely wrong, they just didn't explain it in a way that made since to me. The friend I took it to explained it this way: Basically the voltage in the car get's so low that this particular module can't retain it's information and essentially "goes to sleep" and can't be reprogrammed. So, jumping the car off didn't harm anything. In the end, I still had to have the module replaced. All of this because of a dead battery.

On the good side, I did call the executive customer support line and they paid for the part and I only had to pay for the labor. If anyone else wants to call the number, here it is: 313.667.7153

How do you reset the DIC settings and exactly what does the DIC stand for? I'm having this same issue.
If you're just trying to reset some of the settings such as the mileage, you hold down the enter button. If you're wanting to do something like an oil life reset, you'll still hold down the enter button but need to be in park while doing so. If you're having more extensive problems like I was, you'll need to take it to a dealership. I believe they're the only one's that can actually reprogram anything.

· Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to bring up a dead thread (I hope this isn't against the rules) but I believe my car may have this issue as it popped up after installing an amp and subwoofer which obviously drained my battery. The only thing is my key fob still works but only in close proximity. Could I have this issue and still have some functionality in my key fob?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.