Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dead mouse somewhere in my ac vents...took the wipers off and the vent cover off and could not find anything.. took the glovebox out and still nothing...where is the blower motor located on a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT? Please help the smell is horrid and I live in the south so it is humid and hot when I get off work and have to smell this cause I have to run my AC for a bit, so if anyone has a solution please please let me know!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh wow, my friend had a pet snake get loose and disappear in his vents, took it to dealership and they couldn't find it talk about smell, he sold the car

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you know where it is, the retractable claw idea is a good one. If you don't know where it is, my suggestion would be to get an electricians fishing tape, sold at lowes, or home depot. You will be able to manuever it through your vent system and once you have found it, you will know it. Then you can use it to fish it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helpful

okay will look into the fishing tape. Guy at a dealership said I may have to have the blower motor pulled out... where is it located?? Just got this car like a month ago... but this is war on the mouse population... I use to feel sorry for them but HA not now!! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looked behind the glove box and could not find anything... I may be a girl but this girl can change her tires and oil!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
from what I have read it's kind of behind a guard of some type. To be honest though I've never looked..this is just what I have read online. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well all I could find online about the blower motor was pictures of it already pulled out..no luck in finding where it was or at best a freaking diagram of the vent system... Someone told me the smell will eventually go away

·
Registered
536 Posts
The smell will eventually, but here in KY it's like 95* and humid so good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well great news... Left work and it was 93 degrees and humid... rolled both windows downs, opened sunroof, cranked up AC and held my breath... but the smell was gone....hmmmm guess he fell out or it just quit smelling..Yay!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd still invest in some vent air freshner and hope it doesn't come back when it rains. But it should be dried up after these next couple days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem I found the culprits. Remove the wiper blade arms. Open the hood and remove the 2 plastic push pins on either side of the plastic vent cover on the fire wall. prop the divers side up and you will see a void to the right of the wiper motor take a light and look in the void to the inside of the divers fender (it's hard to see and get at) and you will see a 3" square black plastic vent frame and it has a plastic flapper on the inside(mice go in can't get out)with a screw driver or other small pry tool pry it out from the top and remove the take your trusty shop vac and suck the offender/s out when cleaned just snap the vent cover in place bottom first

1 - 19 of 19 Posts