Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is a list of the problems the car has..

The Car was bumped in the front bumper, light damage although the driver Air bag deployed.

AC not working for some reason.

Tires are going to need to be changed soon. Curve rash on one rim.

79k miles on the car, but runs like new. No problems, sounds great and a lot of power..

Regular wear and tear on exterior and interior.

The alarm goes off everytime I open the door or doors, no keyless remote, just one key to start it...

It has a great color and overall looks good..Dark Grey and has a sun roof....

It had back DMV fee's owed on it..It's been sitting for a year and nobody non opt it...

No carpet/bottom lid in trunk

The Title is clean and clear, no salvage although the carfax does show the one fender bender...

I will take pictures and began my fixes today..I would really like to start with the AC cause it's getting warm around here. I already ordered the Keyless remote with starter button..That only cost $34.95 plus shipping...

So the car has new smog cert...I paid $4000.00 cash...Not including the back fees and registration for new tags and license...Everything out the door after walking out of the DMV was $4,700.

Deal or No Deal?

· GTP 06
588 Posts
too much.. In 2002 I bought a 1998 Olds Intrigue with 3800II loaded and perfect cond. with 52k paid 4,600 out the door. because i watched it sit on their lot for 6 months. They were about to send it off for auction and I pretty much got cost out of it. Depending where you live, that might be a good deal. I'm no expert, but I guess we'd have to see it in person to make that kind of decision.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you got a great deal too..

too much.. In 2002 I bought a 1998 Olds Intrigue with 3800II loaded and perfect cond. with 52k paid 4,600 out the door. because i watched it sit on their lot for 6 months. They were about to send it off for auction and I pretty much got cost out of it. Depending where you live, that might be a good deal. I'm no expert, but I guess we'd have to see it in person to make that kind of decision.

Those kinda deals do not come around too often...But I was looking into paying on the cheap end for a 2005 G6 around $8999...It does need a little work..

· Registered
15 Posts
you will have to take the remote to the dealer which is roughly 120.00 to have it programmed

watch for your check engine light to come on it will most likely have to have the emissions unit replaced ( theirs a safety bulletin out on it ) roughly 600-650.00 to fix and only the dealer can fix it unless you can find someone who has the subscription to all the updates so they can program and update the car's brain it's called the EGR valve

Regardless of what breaks I am finding that the only way to fix a problem on these new cars is to take to the dealer cause they are the only ones who have all the update for the brain :( I have the same car and I am very unhappy with Pontiac and the car

every bulletin that is out right now on this car is what's wrong with my car and as long as the dealer puts a bulletin out on it and it's not a life threatening issue then they aren't responsible for fixing it GOOD LUCK WITH THAT you got a good deal for now!!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
emission problem?

you will have to take the remote to the dealer which is roughly 120.00 to have it programmed

watch for your check engine light to come on it will most likely have to have the emissions unit replaced ( theirs a safety bulletin out on it ) roughly 600-650.00 to fix and only the dealer can fix it unless you can find someone who has the subscription to all the updates so they can program and update the car's brain it's called the EGR valve

Regardless of what breaks I am finding that the only way to fix a problem on these new cars is to take to the dealer cause they are the only ones who have all the update for the brain :( I have the same car and I am very unhappy with Pontiac and the car

every bulletin that is out right now on this car is what's wrong with my car and as long as the dealer puts a bulletin out on it and it's not a life threatening issue then they aren't responsible for fixing it GOOD LUCK WITH THAT you got a good deal for now!!!

Thanks for the info, I will have to check that out, the engine light is on right now. But it keeps telling me to check my gas cap in which I have...

· Registered
555 Posts
with the condition its in, in comparison to my 07 its a deal. i financed my g6 for $13,500 and i owe $12,000 now and mine is pretty much in new condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.