Your vehicle may have a content theft-deterrent alarm system.
Arming the System
With the ignition off, press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter lock button to arm the system.
The system will arm 30 seconds after all the doors are closed, or 60 seconds with any door open.
If you press the lock button on the transmitter a second time while all the doors are closed, the system will arm immediately. The system will still arm in 60 seconds if a door is open. When the open door is closed, the system will arm.
The security light, located on the instrument panel cluster, comes on to indicate that arming has been initiated. Once the system is armed, the security light flashes once every three seconds.
If the security light is flashing twice per second, this means that a door is open.
If the system is armed and the key is used to unlock the vehicle, the alarm will be activated.
If you do not want to arm the content theft system, lock the vehicle with the manual lock knob on the doors or with the inside power door lock switches.
The alarm will sound and the exterior lights will flash if any door is opened while armed.
Disarming the System
To disarm the system, do one of the following:
• Press the RKE transmitter unlock button.
• Turn the ignition to ON/RUN.
Once the system is disarmed, the security light will stop flashing.
How the System Alarm is Activated
To activate the system if it is armed:
• Open the driver's door or trunk. A ten second pre-alarm chirp will sound followed by a thirty second full alarm of horn and lights.
• Open any other door. A full alarm of horn and lights will immediately sound for thirty seconds.
• Open the hood. If the vehicle has the remote start feature, it will activate the full alarm.
When an alarm event has finished, the system will re-arm itself automatically.
How to Turn Off the System Alarm
To turn off the system alarm:
• Press the lock button on the RKE transmitter. The system will then re-arm itself.
• Press the unlock button on the RKE transmitter. This will also disarm the system.
• Insert the key in the ignition and turn it on. This will also disarm the system.
How to Detect a Tamper Condition
If three chirps are heard when the unlock or lock button is pressed on the RKE transmitter, it means that the content theft security system alarm was previously triggered.