Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd post a quick update:

Debadged the back, added white LED strips on the front, and got my Racingline Strut Bar installed.

It was painless to get the badges off. I've got an 09, so they probably weren't hardened on yet. I just heated with a hairdryer and used dental floss to slice the letters off. Most of the black glue was left on the car, but it just peeled off. There was just a little bit of sticky residue left, but Goo Gone took it right off. After a wash and wax, I can't see anything left of them. :) After I was done, I noticed I forgot the GM ones on the side. I'll have to get em next time!

I added two LED strips under the front grilles. I think I ordered the 9.5 inch ones from http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips. Tapped into the parking lights, so they're on whenever my headlights are on, but look pretty cool with just the parking lights. I had a heck of a time getting them to stick to the black plastic underneath, but found some epoxy at home and I'm pretty sure they're stuck now. No problems so far!

The Strut Bar is amazing. I really do feel a difference when cornering. Plus, it's shiny. LOL

·
Pontiac G6 noob
40 Posts
Looks good man. I did the same thing when I was debadging and had to go back at the GM squares today. How much did you pay for the strut bar, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good man. I did the same thing when I was debadging and had to go back at the GM squares today. How much did you pay for the strut bar, if you don't mind me asking.
I got in on the group buy this summer. $75 shipped. Usually, I think Racingline charges $90+shipping (but I'm not 100% positive), so it was a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, it was really easy--just bolt on. I don't know if the group buy started on the "other" site (G6P), but I know they were taking names from both. I'd say it was probably mid-July when they shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts