Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those who are like me and hate the stupid badges that GM put on the middle of the doors of the G6, wanted to let you know there is an easy way to take them off which can be used for the other badges on the car. All you do is take a blow dryer and aim the heat on the badge until the adhesive gets loose enough to it pull it off. Then use your thumb to rolls off the excess black adhesive, and I used goof off to take the residual adhesive underneath it. Viola they're gone and with a little bit of wax you get an even better shine.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
05 didnt have them. :D

I took the pontiac and G6 off.
In South Texas you dont need a blow drier. :banana:

All mine says is GT.
Which in 2005 was the top of the line. :beer:

·
Registered
81 Posts
05 didnt have them. :D

I took the pontiac and G6 off.
In South Texas you dont need a blow drier. :banana:

All mine says is GT.
Which in 2005 was the top of the line. :beer:
haha...tell em about that texas weather...i debadged mine recently though after a cool front...had to add a little heat to take them off

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the process of debadging my car, found out that you can do some pretty funny things with the left over letters...
If you cant open up the file I rearranged the letter to say "Pinto GT"

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL....Get that picture of my thread! ;)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I like the badges, its part of the car. I see Lampoon but a little fairy on the side of his car thou.:D J/K

(I'll get some $hit from that comment:D)

·
Registered
81 Posts
How long did you have to heat the badge before it came off? Also, did it leave any marks on the paint?
only long enough until the adhesive becomes soft so you can remove the badge...the only marks would be the remaining adhesive, which can be removed with goo gone...clean it up when your done, and there should be no marks

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
Im thinking about removing mine, but it's really cold out right now. Should I wait until spring? My brother removed mine off my ram with his heat gun, so im new to this as well. ha!! You guys are all so amazing! This is my new favorite site!! Im here like, 3 times a day!

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
I finally did mine today!!! Im excited!

·
Registered
90 Posts
you can also use floss or fishin string if youre worried about puttin too much heat on your car
best to wait til its warm for that one lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can also use floss or fishin string if youre worried about puttin too much heat on your car
best to wait til its warm for that one lol
When I was doing it I tried floss and it just wound up shredding....you actually just could be really careful and use pliers to take off the badges, but then it's more of a bitch to get off the adhesive. So just use a blow dryer and you'll be fine

Also, even though I pulled off the badges on the rear and cleaned up all the residue/adhesive you can still see "Pontiac G6 GT" under certain direct light (I like to call it "Ghost Badging" haha). Anybody have any techniques to remove these outlines????

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I was doing it I tried floss and it just wound up shredding....you actually just could be really careful and use pliers to take off the badges, but then it's more of a bitch to get off the adhesive. So just use a blow dryer and you'll be fine

Also, even though I pulled off the badges on the rear and cleaned up all the residue/adhesive you can still see "Pontiac G6 GT" under certain direct light (I like to call it "Ghost Badging" haha). Anybody have any techniques to remove these outlines????
thats how i removed mine, fishing string

goo gone or some bug n tree sap remover then wax :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.