Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the easiest way to debadge is? Want to get rid of the stealer plaque.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Heres what works for me, If it's vinyl, just use your fingernail and some IPA, but if its metal, dental floss works good. Take the dental floss and work it back and forth between the emblem and the car. This cuts the 3M tape. Then use bug and tar remover to take off the 3M tape glue residue. Follow this by wiping down the area with IPA to get off the bug/tar remover solvents. Lastly, put on a good coat or two of wax.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Explr1 said:
Heres what works for me, If it's vinyl, just use your fingernail and some IPA, but if its metal, dental floss works good. Take the dental floss and work it back and forth between the emblem and the car. This cuts the 3M tape. Then use bug and tar remover to take off the 3M tape glue residue. Follow this by wiping down the area with IPA to get off the bug/tar remover solvents. Lastly, put on a good coat or two of wax.
excellent advice!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah ..the dental floss is a good idea...If you have a dealer sticker that needs to be removed use a hair dryer or heat gun, just be careful you dont burn the paint. you just want to get the sticker good and warm...NOT so hot that it bubbles off. the sticker will easily peel off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
... I have always just used a hair dryer and then followed up with some "Go Gone" and then wax ... works wonder for everything I have ever needed ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts