Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to drop my car and getting wider tires... I've used the tire and offset calculators tons of times...
I'm not sure if I should just use a spacer to get near perfect fitment or if I should just get super wide tires and wheels with just the right offset to prevent inside rubbing... Not sure if I want to slam and stretch or have an aggressive racing stance?
I want coilovers but would do a goood strut and stiff lowering spring just not sure what's better?
Any and all insight and ideas is much appreciated
(I plan on upgrading ALL my steering components)
(I don't plan on racing just want a badass G6 showcar)
Pics for attention

Attachments

·
ASE expert
75 Posts
Use the calculator, there are apps that can include spacers as well. If the offset is wrong rubbing will be the least of your concerns. The geometry on the front end will be off causing handling problems and tire wear. This is the best site I have found as it takes in account everything from ride height, fender clearance, old tire and rim size, new tire and rim size, several measuring points like suspension distance and some diagrams to help you out. https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

·
ASE expert
75 Posts
Adjustable coilovers will help with the alignment with some castor/camber kits to help your new tires last as long as possible. With the adjustable coilovers you can set your ride height as well. They also sell some KYB struts with adjustable dampening like what's similar on mountain bikes, stiffer and softer with just the turn of a dial. If you really want to help with some added traction the strut crossbar supports really do make a lot of difference. Also heavy duty sway bar with new links will eliminate almost all body roll when cornering making the car feel like it's on "rails" especially if you have wide tires and a good alignment. Remember these are the GM Epsilon platform cars and these are cars with the same body when looking for parts.
Regular
2002-2009 Opel Vectra C saloon and liftback
2003-2011 and 2013-2014 Saab 9-3
2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu
2006-2009 Cadillac BLS
Extended
2002-2009 Opel Vectra C Caravan
2003-2008 Opel Signum
2008-2012 Chevrolet Malibu
2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
2005-2010 Pontiac G6
2005-2011 Fiat Croma
2007-2010 Saturn Aura

the Malibu being almost identical for the same years, the only real difference the front header and rear tail lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts