Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow G6 people.. :)

This question I have is haunting me, and I'm hoping someone has/had a similar issue and if they have fixed it or not?

once or twice a month, when I press the gas pedal, it seems like the computer may not recognize that I am pressing the gas, because the RPM's and engine just sits idle, in roughly about 2 seconds, the computer recognizes that the pedal is indeed pressed down and the car decides to jump and go???

Has ANYONE had this problem before? :confused: I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT 2DR 3500 v6

Thanks in advance..

· Registered
292 Posts
Its no Ferrari lol

I'm no mechanic but that sounds about normally to me. 2 seconds maybe a bit long but if your just cruising and you hop on it it I think it would take a second to downshift and inject more gas.

· Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no mechanic but that sounds about normally to me. 2 seconds maybe a bit long but if your just cruising and you hop on it it I think it would take a second to downshift and inject more gas.
I agree... 1/2 second delay is even too much I can handle that, but sometimes the darn thing just doesn't do anything and all of a sudden it just goes... it's approx 2 to 3 seconds... it's really weird..

· Registered
4 Posts
lag on acceleration

I have the exact same problem and its really been frustrating. itll happen to me at all times of the day but also more frequently in the morning or when its cold out. its also happened when im trying to pull out into traffic - not a good thing when you are expecting a certain response and don't get it. i haven't bothered to take it into the dealer - id like it fixed but with my luck they wouldn't be able to repeat the problem and i'd waste time and money on nothing getting fixed.

· Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the exact same problem and its really been frustrating. itll happen to me at all times of the day but also more frequently in the morning or when its cold out. its also happened when im trying to pull out into traffic - not a good thing when you are expecting a certain response and don't get it. i haven't bothered to take it into the dealer - id like it fixed but with my luck they wouldn't be able to repeat the problem and i'd waste time and money on nothing getting fixed.
Yeah! especially pulling into traffic... it's dangerous and GM should be looking into this!! I swear if I get into an accident because of this? I'm bringing GM even further down the hole than they already are!!
They tried repeating it at the dealership and didn't get it... very frustrating.. I know it's a computer issue, but they said they need to make the problem happen before attempting anything?

· Registered
4 Posts
Yeah! especially pulling into traffic... it's dangerous and GM should be looking into this!! I swear if I get into an accident because of this? I'm bringing GM even further down the hole than they already are!!
They tried repeating it at the dealership and didn't get it... very frustrating.. I know it's a computer issue, but they said they need to make the problem happen before attempting anything?
ya thats why i didn't bother taking it to the dealship. ive done that in the past with my camaro when it had intermittent problems and no one can ever seem to "repeat" the issue. then i end up looking like an idiot and its so frustrating. so i guess im stuck with the problem. at least its nice to know others are experiencing the same issue even though the dealer can't figure it out.

· Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats why i didn't bother taking it to the dealship. ive done that in the past with my camaro when it had intermittent problems and no one can ever seem to "repeat" the issue. then i end up looking like an idiot and its so frustrating. so i guess im stuck with the problem. at least its nice to know others are experiencing the same issue even though the dealer can't figure it out.
If I come across an answer, I will definitely keep you posted :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.