Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody put a dent in my hood about 4" in diameter does anyone know of a good technique I can use to get it out without screwing up the paint?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dry ice and a heat gun? Possible. but i have yet to see this work personally just hear about it working. :/ hopefully somebody has some better info but here's a start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well im not skilled enough with body work to try that one lol but thanks for the info

·
Registered
110 Posts
All you do is put the dry ice on the dent for how ever long then heat up the dent then it just pops out. YouTube it. It supposedly works but I am not sure what material (i.e., fiberglass vs metal.)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I have a couple of small dents on my hood. I've tried the Dry ice and Heating technique. Didn't work, but maybe it will on larger dents. If you can get at it from behind you can try to push it out.

I did one time pull out a dent by using a plunger. Since its about 4" maybe it's worth a shot to get one of those smaller sink plunger. Try and simply pull it back.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate it that people have no respect for other peoples property they swing their doors into your car n lean on it n sit on it this seriously pisses me off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts