Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response! I took my car to AutoZone and this is what they said (or at least I think so, LOL!) from the diagnostic test:

B0131
ABS
TCS system
Pressure circuit malfunction

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
B codes I'm pretty sure are for Body Control problems,
and I think C codes are for abs/tc

A "B" code makes sense if it's a problem with the brake pedal switch,
At least autozone gave you the info and not JUST the code.

After a bit more research it sounds like it's between the Brake Pedal Switch, and the Brake Pressure Sensor, I'm assuming they mean the fluid pressure sensor.

According to the web:
C0131 - Antilock Brake System (ABS) Traction Control System (TCS) Pressure Circuit

Here's a straight copy paste I found with info on that:

Circuit/System Description:
The brake pressure sensor is integral to the brake pressure modulator valve assembly. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) monitors the brake pressure sensor supply voltage and the signal voltage.
The EBCM uses inputs from the brake pedal position sensor and the brake pressure sensor for more accurate control during a Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) event.

Conditions for Running the DTC:
System Voltage is above 9.6 volts.
The vehicle speed is greater than 40 km/h (24 mph).

Conditions for Setting the DTC:
Sensor supply voltage is less than 4.5 volts or greater than 5.3 volts for more than 1 sec.
Sensor signal voltage is less than 0.12 volts or greater than 3.2 volts for more than 1 sec.
The EBCM sees the brake pedal is applied, and does not see the brake pressure increase when stopping.
The EBCM sees the brake pressure increase, and does not see the brake pedal is applied when stopping.
Signal is erratic.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets:
If equipped, the following actions occur:
The EBCM disables the Antilock Brake System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS) Vehicle Stability Enhancement System VSES for the duration of the ignition cycle.
The Traction Control indicator turns ON.
The ABS indicator turns ON.
The red brake warning indicator could turn ON.
The driver information center displays the Service Stability System message.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC:
The condition for setting the DTC is no longer present.
The EBCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 ignition cycles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM doesn't use that code. I believe only toyota does.
Incorrect. If that is the actual code that AutoZone pulled.
Definition of check engine code B0131:
GM:
Right Heater Discharge Temperature Fault
Toyota:
Open in P-Side Seat Belt Pretensioner Squib (RH) Circuit / 64

I just scanned the Climate Control Panel module in my 2000 Bonneville and pulled B0131 and B0179 (Output Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Range.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts