Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got my G6 about a month ago and when I got it I noticed the ignition wire running from the MAF Sensor was cut. I replaced the connector and soldered it all nice and pretty and now it starts and runs much better, but sometimes when the engine has warmed up it still will die after turning over. It will turn over fine and run for about one second and then stutter out. If I try starting it again, it will turn over fast until i tap the gas to give it a little air. Any ideas? I was hoping that the computer would recognize the new connection and sooner or later be able to start up no problem but it continues to have the warm starting problem. No SES but it does have SVS...any places that can check these SVS codes? Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could have sworn it was the ignition last time I looked at the wiring diagram for it but now looking again I'm thinking it was the :
D
TN/BK
Low Reference
I had a IAT Sensor code before fixing the problem and cleared the code after fixing the MAF sensor and it has not came back. I do have SVS codes but can't find anywhere to scan them...I work at Advance Auto Parts and they didn't even know..I live in somewhat of a small town you could say. Would a dealer scan SVS for free?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I could have sworn it was the ignition last time I looked at the wiring diagram for it but now looking again I'm thinking it was the :
D
TN/BK
Low Reference
I had a IAT Sensor code before fixing the problem and cleared the code after fixing the MAF sensor and it has not came back. I do have SVS codes but can't find anywhere to scan them...I work at Advance Auto Parts and they didn't even know..I live in somewhat of a small town you could say. Would a dealer scan SVS for free?
I have never heard of SVS codes in relation to cars...please elaborate. Dealers generally won't do anything for free.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I call it the SVS. but it's the light with a wrench in it..and I know the set/resume switch for CC doesn't work and the window motor in the back right side..so not sure if that could throw it but yeah the SVS is on.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Got it. Brain fart on my part. Any repair shop can read those codes. A PC-based scan tool that can read the enhanced manufacturer-specific codes starts at about $200. I doubt that you'll find anyone that will read them for free even though it only takes all of one minute to do. It could be a CC code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts