Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okies everyone. I went to the Pontiac dealership in Green Bay yesterday, and I test drove (yes, again) another G6. This was a G6 GT with everything on it, pretty much.

I found out a few small differences between the 2005 models with the 2006 models.

2006 Models:
-Have small chrome accents around the radio gauges to match the speedo cluster.
-No longer have the G6 badge under the radio on the passanger side, and is now replaced with a passanger airbag monitor.
-Still four spoke steering wheel (not ok. not. ok.)
-Rougher (like dash) center console.

Not much changed.

:)

· Registered
278 Posts
The sedans will also start having the 3 spoke steering wheel as standard equipment now that coupes are in production.

Also most vehicles (starting this month) will be shipped to dealers "Remote Start Ready". This means even if the vehicle you see on the lot didn't have the remote start option it might be able to be easily enabled by dealer.

This wasn't possible for the 2005 model or early 2006 models (prior to June).

There are several ways to tell if the vehicle is "remote start ready".

2 easiest are
1: Look at Hood latch and see if you see electrical switch attached to back of it
2: Look at back of the key fob for a "+". This indicates an extended range keyless entry system.

Again 2005 models and the early 2006 non-remote start vehicles don't have this capability built in. I don't know what the upgrade kit costs so you will have to check with a dealer on that. I think the upgrade kit consists of 2 remote start key fobs (you can continue to use the original ones as spares), a label added to vehicle for future service indicating your vehicle has remote start enabled and authorization information for dealer to enable the feature.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps the three spoke wheel isn't out yet, becuase I test drove a 2006 GT as well, and it didn't have the three-spoke, sadly.

I could've sworn I mentioned the corporate badge (which actualyl doesn't look as bad as I pegged it for, at first. Very small, very subtle), but I guess I didn't.

I like the fact that they offer the "Remote Start Ready" thing on them now though, I think that's a good incentive to buy a G6 if you can't afford the remote start right away :).

· Registered
67 Posts
All the 2006's I have seen also have had the same steering wheel too. But that doesnt mean that they wont change it soon. Hopefully the coupe steering wheel is much better. A lot of GM vehicles will be using the same one (such as the saturn vue)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.