Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just picked up my G6 GT on Wednesday and i must say that it's a big improvement from my 2001 Grand Am GT.

The other night I put in a cd i had made, and I noticed the song titles displayed on the information centre. However, this does not happen with all my cd's. I know that there is something that has to be done to the sound file (in the properties menu) i'm assuming. Does anybody know exactly what needs to be done before i burn a cd, to make the song title display on the info centre?

Any Help appreciated.

Thanks

Nabil

·
Registered
532 Posts
When you burn audio you have the ability to burn CDTEXT in closed session mode. You might want to look that up on the software you use. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a certain software that you would recommend? I usually burn right from Windows Media Player. It's only worked once though, and that was unintentional.

Thanks

Nabil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up using Real PLayer 10 to burn the cd text.

What you do is right click on the song, and then go to Properties. From there under the "general" tab, click Advanced. There you can add the song name, title, artist etc...

Then by using Real Player, you have the option to burn cd text.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i've been trying to burn cds with cd text using nero with no luck on the titles being read. it still says 'track 1' etc. if i put the cd into the computer drive, nero recognizes the cd text, and i also have another program that rips mp3s, and it recognizes the cd text :confused:

could someone who's gotten it working try to burn one with nero and see if that works?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have to have the GT package to see the CD text. I have the standard 6 cyl with the 6 disc changer, without Monsoon. Is there something special I have to do to see the text?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm assuming that you are burning MP3's and making an audio CD for your car.
I'm no expert but I do believe that the cd text isn't taken from the file name but instead from the ID3 tag inside the file. Before burning, go to the properties of the mp3 and choose summary and then advanced. If the information for song title, artist, album...etc isn't filled out there then odds are it won't show on your player. If you are burning MP3's from the internet then you should always check the ID3 tag because most times it's all messed up. Song titles are usually followed by a web address and ends up looking weird on the small cd display.
If you have alot of mp3s that are missing the ID3 info then just do a search on the internet and download a mass ID3 editor.

I use Nero Express for its ease of use. After adding your mp3s that you want to burn and clicking on close, the text in the window for title,artist, track is what you should see on your car stereo. If the title doesn't look right then you need to edit the ID3 text and then re-add those MP3's. Clicking next gives you the option to enter the artist and title. Also, you should burn your cd's using DAO(Disk at Once) option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use roxio and I think it bases it on how you have the song labled... it will put a name for a song whatever you want it to be... I like to mess with my girl sometimes and change the track of a song I know shes going to play to "Ashley sucks dick" just to see her reaction when she selects it

·
Registered
488 Posts
In my car the radio displays the CD text when it wants. Usually it will display the name of the first few tracks, then after that it will just say "T1--T2.."...etc. Some CDS it will display the text for every track. i think it depends on the CD

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts