Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after looking around it seems the MMI's are no longer offered...

I will be making my own. Here is how I am doing it.
Take off your mounts and scrub them clean with a strong degreaser. The cleaner the better. You will need some cardboard and a hot glue gun. I used a cereal box.

Cut two strips the length of the box. Find something round you can use to trace that is the same diameter as the rubber part of the mount.
My mounts had a tiny gap around the insert on one side. Insert the strip on the gap and tape the ends. Then, glue the cardboard to the mount to seal it up. Like so.

Once that is done, use some contact cement on the attachment point of the mount. Like so:

Now, drop in the round piece of cardboard and make sure you press it down so it grabs well. Then, hot glue around the inside edge, sealing it all up. Like so:

Once it's all dry, you are ready to pour your new mounts. I used sand to level the mounts before mixing and pouring the urethane. The sand will also help stop any leaks if you missed any gaps with the hot glue. You don't have much time once it's mixed so... Think before you do.

Here is the stuff I used. I got the high performance 80A, which is pretty stiff.

Here is what it looks like all done.

These take 7 days to cure minimum. Or, 18hours at 150° in an over. Your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed the mounts that I made today. Very big difference, as I am sure those if you who have them know. Car does vibrate a bit but nothing crazy. You can feel everything. If you are like me and like to feel connected to your car, this is a good mod.
Fyi, taking the cardboard off is a pita! I took off what I could, left the rest. No one will ever see it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts