Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World!

Recently traded my old 94 K1500 with 440K on it for this 08 G6 with 188K, did a LOF and air filter replacement. Changed the front sway bar links as they were clunking bad and just cleaned it up. Just wondering if there are any known issues with these that I should watch out for?

I also have some new tires, wheels and TPMS sensors coming as the current tires are weather checked bad and the stock steelies are rusting.

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice looking ride! I don't know much about these cars yet myself im new to the G6 as well. What plans do you have for your car? You plan on doing any mods or anything?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking ride! I don't know much about these cars yet myself im new to the G6 as well. What plans do you have for your car? You plan on doing any mods or anything?
I got my new wheels on and picked up 2 key fobs off ebay for 20 bucks. I was able to program them with a Autel scanner I have access to. Not a whole lot to do to these cars, it seems like CAI and exhaust are pretty much the extent of aftermarket support. I just plan on keeping it stock, clean and maintained. I just took it on a trip and am getting 7.5L/100km (31mpg) so I am pretty happy with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Right on... Yeah I did a K&N drop in filter, then a exhaust resonator delete. Planning to throw a performance muffler on when I get the time. Other than that I will probably just do minor cosmetic stuff on mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have front and rear brake pads and rotors coming in tomorrow, they're all currently around 2mm. Slight vibration on brake application so I figure I'll do rotors as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have front and rear brake pads and rotors coming in tomorrow, they're all currently around 2mm. Slight vibration on brake application so I figure I'll do rotors as well.
I need to inspect mine, they are starting to squeak.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to inspect mine, they are starting to squeak.
Got them all done, the rear calipers were a screw type piston, never dealt with that before. They compressed easily enough with some needle nose pliers though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got them all done, the rear calipers were a screw type piston, never dealt with that before. They compressed easily enough with some needle nose pliers though.
Nice. I haven't done anything on my car lately. Got a voltage stabilizer/grounding kit i need to install, probably do it this weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like more ground straps? My car is at 192K so I'm planning a transmission service at 200. Other than that everything is in working order and the vehicle hopefully won't cost me anything other than fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts