Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that don't know, I purchased a new 2011 Chevy Silverado LT over the weekend. My sister took my G6 because her car died, so this is what is replacing it.

My plans for the truck are as follows:

Exterior

Debadge
Tinted or LED tails
HIDs
Tonneau cover
Tint
2.5" leveling kit
new 17" rims with 33" rubber
mudflaps (maybe)

Interior

Adding in a DIC
Steering wheel audio controls (if harness available)

Performance

Dual exahust

Audio

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT
Alpine Type-X speakers
Alpine Type-R thin sub (unless I find a better slim sub)
Alpine PDX-F4 and 600W mono (might sell PDX for a 5 channel to power everything)

Now, onto pics!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I started debadging today. Got the window decals off and the 4x4 logos on the side. However the rear decals are being a pain in the ass. Its just getting the sticky shit off. Never had this much difficulty when I was doing my G6. This pics are shitty, but my DSLR was dead :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
mmm thats a nice truck! although it would be highly impractical I would slam the thing on the ground! But you probably can't anyways due to the diffs, especially if it's 4wd.

Also I don't mean to be a party-pooper but I don't think the moderators like people linking in the sig, I guess it slows down the page. I found a sticky somewhere about it

EDIT: Here's the thread, Lame but gotta follow those rules I suppose
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7391

·
Registered
556 Posts
mmm thats a nice truck! although it would be highly impractical I would slam the thing on the ground! But you probably can't anyways due to the diffs, especially if it's 4wd.
I have never understood the fascination with slamming a full size truck. Maybe a s10 or a blazer. We have two lifted GMCs, i couldn't imagine them sitting as low as my 6.

good looking truck btw!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
haha I love the belief of everything needs to be lowered, but then again, a full sized truck with a lift is pretty cool and a lot more usefull, haha

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

IMO, all cars need to be lowered. For trucks, they are 4WD they go up, 2WD or AWD they go down.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the new HU today. This thing is BOSS, compared to my old HU. Bluetooth, Voice recognition, Pandora radio, Navigation, Live traffic updates.

Can't wait to get it installed. Just need my harness to come in.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol thanks.

The harness came in today. Looking at it the hardest thing of this install is going to be getting the dash apart. Other than that it will literally be plug-n-play. That is, once im done hooking my HU harness up to this harness.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it in to have undercoating and paint sealer done yesterday. I got the shop to de-badge it for me so there wouldn't be any areas lacking sealer if I took them off myself later. They did an amazing job and the truck looks much better now.

Tomorrow the new HU goes in, along with my amp and speakers. Ill post some pics of it once that's done.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I spent this weekend Installing my new HU, front speakers and my amp. The HU is amazing, but I still seem to have an issue with the amp. When I finished I turned the stereo on. It sounded kind of weird so I faded to each corner. One of my front speakers was super quiet compared to the others. I turned it off and swapped the channels with the other front speaker. Turned it back on and now that speaker is quiet. I swapped them back deciding I would take it to the store I got it from and let them listen to it. On the way home, the speaker that was originally was quiet had no sound coming out of it. Just static.

This may be the 3rd time I send it in to Alpine. Unfortunately, last time it was there, they bench tested it for 5 days continuous and it didnt fail once:|

Before:

After:

·
Registered
474 Posts
^x2

·
Registered
556 Posts
Flows way better with the dash then the oem radio. Great job

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys!

I found out this past week that my issue wasn't my amp. It was my RCAs. So I bought a new high quality ones and now the truck sounds amazing!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So recently, I've been watching ALOT of exhaust clips on youtube, trying to decide what I want to get for a muffler. I finally settled on wanting a Magnaflow SI/DO, with either 2 3.5" or 4" round tips split at the rear.

It will sound the same as this:

but it will exit something like this

What do you guys think. I hoping to get it done in about a month and a half

·
Registered
474 Posts
That sounds really nice! But I don't personally care for the look in the picture. I like the straight back look, but thats just my opinion. Take it as is.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought about doing straight back, but I prefer it this way. The only thing I might do is have them not put it at so much of an angle. Like this:

·
Registered
474 Posts
That does look better! It looked a little like horns in the other pic IMO.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts