Pontiac G6 Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks guys. I love how it sits. I can't wait till next summer to get new rims on it. I picked up some seat heaters that are getting installed in a couple weeks. There is an empty cubby hole under my radio so I'm building a fiberglass panel to hold the switches for the heaters. I may also end up getting the windows tinted in a couple weeks. The law here for trucks allows whatever I want on the back windows and 50% on the front windows. I may just do 35% all the way around so that I can still see out the back. The rears are factory tinted around 20% so 35% on that should appear around 7%

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Been a while since I put up an update. Some stuff has changed since my last post here. I had some kids jump on my hood while I was at the gym one day, so I wasn't able to get my sub this summer. There were no witnesses and no camera footage so I had to pay the deductible for a new hood. Then had my mountain bike stolen 2 weeks later, so I had to make a claim for that aswell. :(

Not a big list, but this is what I got done:

-I made a little switch panel to fit under the radio in the useless cubby hole to hold switches for my heated seats.
-I removed the wind dam under my front bumper.
-Got my windows tinted.
-Got 11W LED reverse lights so I can see behind me.

So plans for this summer include (assuming dumb stuff doesn't happen to me again):

-35W 4300k HIDs
-rims
-backup camera
-steering wheel controls
-sub
-CAI

After that, I'm basically done. If I happen to keep it past the warranty period, I'll get a tune. There's also an exhaust project I want to do, but I don't know if I'm going to bother trying to do it. Otherwise, nothing more will be added.

These are the rims I'm looking at now.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yeah, they're awesome. I still wish they were brighter though. It's slightly difficult seeing directly out the back window if there are no other lights around.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Ditch the running boards it will, look even bigger.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

I did it yesterday. They are nice to have suring the winter to keep the sand and salt out of the truck. But now that its nicer out i dont really need them on.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We'll see. Im only going to be running 1 sub and id like to be closer to 500Wrms. Im going to see if i can fit a Sundown Sd2-10 under the seat, and if i can ill probably get one of those unless SI finishes up their BM MK4 by this summer.

·
Platinum Member
51 Posts
Nice man, too bad you don't have the factory 20'' 5 spoke wheels and mud terrains.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hit a bit of a snag with my box. I put my sub in it and sat on the seat to see how it would feel. And it was awful. Super uncomfortable, so it looks like im in the market for a new sub. Thinking either the JL 13tw5 or Alpine SWR-T12. I wanted a Stereo Integrity BM MKiv but they arent made yet and wont be ready for when I want them.

Also my muffler and tips came today. Just gotta figure out my schedule and they should be going in next week.

I am so stoked to get the exhaust done. Cant wait!
You cant go wrong with Magnaflow! and nice box its going to fit right in there. i think once you get those shallows you will love the way it sounds, bitchen truck in the making!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Nice man, too bad you don't have the factory 20'' 5 spoke wheels and mud terrains.
I was looking at putting nitto trail grapplers on, but they were 78 pounds a piece comared to these at 55 pounds a piece. I didnt really what the extra 92 pounds of rotational weight. The ones i have are already 80 pounds heavier than the stock tires. These ones are aggressive enough for me, plus i save a ton of money not going with 20s.

As for the box, i may end up scrapping it. If i can fit a sundown sd2-10 in, ill have to build a new box since that hole was cut for a 12. Or if i go with a shallow 12 or 13 ill have to make it shorter to reduce the air space.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ha well them Subs are some beasts so i dont think you will get them under that seat without some how damaging them in the long run. but some shallow mounts should do you good man, but if you can get them under that seat than thats awesome!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
They really arent that big. And really, i know for a fact it will fit, since mine does fit and its 1.75" taller. The problem is that when you sit down you can feel the box underneath. So the question is, will it be uncomfortable to sit with it underneath or will it be alright. I'm hoping it will fit because it will save me half the money it would cost me to put the alpine or jl in lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They really arent that big. And really, i know for a fact it will fit, since mine does fit and its 1.75" taller. The problem is that when you sit down you can feel the box underneath. So the question is, will it be uncomfortable to sit with it underneath or will it be alright. I'm hoping it will fit because it will save me half the money it would cost me to put the alpine or jl in lol.
hah well im just thinking if some one pretty heavy sits back there they might be crushing that poor sub lol, and go all the way man! ha

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Dont know how many people actually follow this still, but I finally got new rims last week. Pro Comp 7005's, 17x8, 0mm offset. I'm quite happy with them. The tires rubbed a bit with them at first but I fixed that this weekend.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts