Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dmanj's 6 -- sail panel pods update pg 9

Hey, just thought id share some photos of the work i've done to my 6 since i got it in April. BTW sorry for the lengthy read:p I'll understand if you just look at the pictures instead.:D

How it looked when i first got it. Stock G6 Base 2.4L

One thing I had done before I got it was I had aftermarket seat heaters put in to keep me warm during the cold winter months.

Drove it for a couple weeks but got tired of the stereo and really wanted to add my Elemental Designs e5.12 sub. I bought a LOC. Was alright for a while, but i liked using my iPod and the aux in on the stock radio just wasnt cutting it. The solution, an Alpine IVA-W505 with NVE-P1 Nav/Bluetooth.

I began ripping the dash apart to install the deck. I also bought the Metra 99-3303 to keep the DIC. That I mounted in the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
One of the things i had been looking at adding as my first mod was going to be HID headlights. I began looking for projector headlights and came upon the spyder projectors. i wanted a seperate way to turn on the LEDs and halos so i began making a switch box for the switches i would use.

At the same time i had been cruising this foum and G6P and noticed that people had been putting LEDs in their vents/under the seats. I really liked how it look so i began working on that too. After deciding not to get the spyder headlights because of light issues i decided i would use my switches for the interior LEDs in stead.

A full stereo I something that I had been wanting to do for quite a while so the next thing to add was Alpine Type X 6.5” speakers. To power them, an Alpine PDX-F4.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This led to me tearing the front door panels off, sound deadening the door and installing the speakers.

By this time it was getting near the end of summer and since I had to start university in September I decided to let a shop put the rear speakers in to save me some time. The speakers: JL audio Evolution C2 6x9’s

After the rear speakers were in I was finally able to put my sub box in. This is the final product of what it looked like. I would have liked to get it as one piece on the front but because of the size this is how I had to do it.

From there on I wasn’t able to complete much because I was in university. There was one thing that had been bothering me is that the sub still sounded like crap. I found the reason was that the box I had built was too small (internal air space) for the sub. My solution for that was to invert it. It gave me just enough space to have the recommended air space for a sealed box.

Unfortunately it was still not was I was looking for, so I decided that in the spring I would replace it with a similar sized ported box to the one that I had in my old car that sounded amazing! As it stands right now there is no sub in my car because its winter, I don’t use my sub during the winter, and it was taking up space in my trunk.

The things I started to do after that got even smaller. I got a flat one day from a piece of knife blade stuck in it. We pulled off the hub caps and discovered the steelies underneath. IMO they looked a lot better than the hubcaps, so I just left the hubcaps off.

The final thing I did was cover the chrome door trim in vinyl tape. Looked so much better after.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yeah the interior stuff is all done other than the new sub box. I've got a loose connection somewhere im going to have to find because the blue LEDs quit working. But as soon as i get them back up ill grab some new shots. Going to be a while though. i got 4 exams to write in the coming weeks:(

·
CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts
nice 6 man.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.