Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m somewhat new to the forum, I’ve always looked at people’s posts to do some general maintenance but now I have a question. I have a 2007 G6 base 3.5 and I bought it used with no fob. I just recently programmed and added a key fob for keyless entry but I’m not sure if I have remote start. From what I’ve read, some people say if you have the remote start option on your DIC (I do not) or a + on your fob you have it, but I’ve also read it might just need to be programmed to be ready. I just need to figure out if Ava (the name of my G6) is remote start ready or if I have to go the aftermarket route, can someone help?

·
Registered
604 Posts
As you mention, there is an option on the Driver Information Centre to turn the remote start feature on / off if it is available on your model. Sounds like the feature is not enabled. I also believe that it is just a software update as all the components to make it work are already in the car. Back in the day I believe some of the performance tuners like WAMS could turn it back on, but I have not had to do it and do not know how it is done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Searching this forum for information, I found references to RPO code AP3 being the code for remote w/start. (Code AP8 is the code for remote w/out start.) Check your glove compartment sticker for this code.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
my understanding of the remote start rpo codes is the following :
1) ap3 ,,, you have remote start .. Turn it on in the dic menu
2) ap8 ,,, your car is equipped with the hardware and all you need to do is have your dealer activate it (possibly need to buy a kit - although after 11 / 12 years after the final of production you may not be able to find aPontiac kit, unless you go used or just maybe buy one for a Malibu)
3) neither code ,,, you don't have it

your closest gm dealer may or may not be able to tell you this information. hopefully, they will help you at no charge!! they should.
i hope i helped you a little more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my understanding of the remote start rpo codes is the following :
1) ap3 ,,, you have remote start .. Turn it on in the dic menu
2) ap8 ,,, your car is equipped with the hardware and all you need to do is have your dealer activate it (possibly need to buy a kit - although after 11 / 12 years after the final of production you may not be able to find aPontiac kit, unless you go used or just maybe buy one for a Malibu)
3) neither code ,,, you don't have it

your closest gm dealer may or may not be able to tell you this information. hopefully, they will help you at no charge!! they should.
i hope i helped you a little more. View attachment 18307
Hey guys thanks for the info, I have neither RPO codes so it looks like I’m going to have to go with the aftermarket route with some self-installation. It’s cool though since the aftermarket starters have all these new security parts you can add on as well and even a supposed 2-way “3000 ft range remote” (I doubt it’s actually 3000) you can add too. Black Friday/cyber Monday might save me a few bucks and again thanks for helping me guys, I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. So many people never reply and that is hard for some to make an effort.The research can be difficult at times. I have Parkinson’s disease.
thank you
convertme

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hang in there, Glenn. I'll do my best to help cover your back. Wish I lived closer. - Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts