Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car used. It has EVERY option imaginable. p-roof, leather, 6-disc changer, all that. seems to me a fully loaded car would have xm, but when changing the bands, it doesn't show up. How can I make sure I don't have it, or do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just remember reading about some problems with the XM not showing on cars that had it before of a loss of connection or something? Is there a seperate antenna on the roof for the xm other than the one at the front of the roof?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, I only have the one shark fin antenna. It possible that you don't have it since its a option.

Options include OnStar ($695), XM Satellite Radio ($325), a standard sunroof ($700), a Panoramic roof ($1500), Monsoon premium sound ($300), remote starting ($150), and chrome-finish 17-inch wheels ($650). Various options packages are available, including a Leather Package for the GT ($1365).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's odd that the original owner ordered EVERY option, except XM. The car was so close to being fully loaded, why not take that extra step? lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh well. still love the car. i'm actually considering cancelling the xm in my other 2 cars anyway. so maybe it was meant to be. lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought the 05s had two antennas when they had XM and Onstar. At least the ones on my dealers lot did. :confused: All in one were not offered on the G6 that year.

I would like to know the leads on a newer antenna. I know the external antennas on XM and Sirius are interchangable. If I could get a newer antenna and install it in place of my old one and then hook up my Sirius to it I would be thrilled. I see GM has all in one antennas now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you get the panorama roof (like I have), you can not get factory XM. I have an XM radio and a subscription, but no way to connect it to the stock radio.

Mine has every option too.

:bawl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts