Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are pretty badly cracked and probably should be replaced, but wondering how urgent the repair is/whether it's a safety issue: IMG_20210104_162040286.jpg IMG_20210104_162025553.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
My non professional opinion is that these are pretty beefy parts. I would check for play in the bushings and on the ball joint that connects to the wheel hub. Another option would be to take the car in for an alignment. In my experience the shops I have been to will perform some check as part of the process. That is how I found out the ball joint on my control arm was failing (and the fact that the steering was really weird as I drove it to be aligned).

Obviously you need to do do what is best for your own risk tolerance and safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My non professional opinion is that these are pretty beefy parts. I would check for play in the bushings and on the ball joint that connects to the wheel hub. Another option would be to take the car in for an alignment. In my experience the shops I have been to will perform some check as part of the process. That is how I found out the ball joint on my control arm was failing (and the fact that the steering was really weird as I drove it to be aligned).

Obviously you need to do do what is best for your own risk tolerance and safety.
Appreciate the input! I've noticed no symptoms suggesting it needs to be replaced and the ball joints seem fine. That's a good suggestion about having it checked during an alignment... hadn't thought of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts