Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to hit the fog light button every time I want them on. The headlights are set on auto, and every time I drive at night I have to turn them on. My truck has a similar button, but it is on or off. This button seems to not have any on or off setting.

Is this the way all of them are? Or just the 05 model?

My wife owned this car from Day 1, and now I am driving it. Everything is still factory, so I can rule out some foul play on an install.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can put a jumper wire in the fuse box. Basically wiring it so the fogs get turned on whenever the headlights or parking lights are on.
But then you won't be able to turn them off separately unless you add another switch...

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I don't because I don't have factory fog light wiring.
But pretty much people stick a wire under the headlight fuse/relay and jump it to the fog light relay to turn it on.
The parking light fuse is in the trunk. So your best bet is tapping into a low beam fuse/relay.

Search for threads on keeping the fog lights on with the high beams. Others used the same method to keep them on with the highs so it can help shed some light on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah I put a jumper wire so my low beam and fog light relays are in parallel, so my fogs come on whenever my low beams do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts