Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. this is my first topic on the forum. im planning to mod my 05 G6 GT and found a GXP dual exhaust for sale. it looks pretty good and is claimed to "work on any G6". does any one have done similar replacement or can tell me does it really work and provide more power including torque as it claims?
thx

·
Registered
638 Posts
not 100% sure but i dont think it does, i believe the flange and hangers are different on the 05-07s than the 08+ as the 08 and newer models have a third cat right behind the flange from the downpipe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plus, are the dual exhaust on GTP and GXP the same? im looking at the GXP exhaust. if it is really helpful, my next problem would be the rear valance, which is really bothering me as i cannot find one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not 100% sure but i dont think it does, i believe the flange and hangers are different on the 05-07s than the 08+ as the 08 and newer models have a third cat right behind the flange from the downpipe
thank you sexyG6. if they are different, then does it fit?

·
Registered
638 Posts
plus, are the dual exhaust on GTP and GXP the same? im looking at the GXP exhaust. if it is really helpful, my next problem would be the rear valance, which is really bothering me as i cannot find one.
No, GXP has a lot nicer and bigger Tips

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the GT-R works on all models so I don't see why the GXP wouldn't. Would require some welding but it should still bolt up without a terrible amount of hassle.
i see the GT-R has been mentioned several times. what is that any way? how is it?

·
Registered
638 Posts
GTR WILL bolt on for 05-07, has to be cut and welded for 08+

other members have tried putting an 08+ exhaust on the older model years and its a no go LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts