Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
No... The 2.4 is a strange one. It cant handle the added air and throws CEL's, runs lean and makes it shift hard. I hear that a tune will take care of those issues but I dont know anyone who did it with a tune.

The V6 models (3.5, 3.5 VVT, 3.6 & 3.9) respond like champs.

The Cobalt 2.4 works with a CAI.....so no one is quite sure whats up with that.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your forgettting something....being further away means the air is in the pipe for a longer period of time. Your talking 18-24" longer. :eek:

Which allows it to heat up more....

I just wish they had the battery on the other side with our intake on the drivers side by the TBI.....LIKE THE IMPALAS!!!

Oh well.....if wishes could come true Im sure I could find a better one. :D
A lot of people that are really anal about weight distribution move the battery to the trunk. I don't know the exact procedure, but it would free up the space that you want to use for the intake. you could probably even just make mounts that are the exact opposite and mount your battery on the opposite side of the engine bay...but I think I'd move it to the trunk before I moved it to the passenger side. "Where the hell is the battery?" lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i just bought a k&n cone filter to put on the end of my current exhaust system and i must say that my gas milage went down 75 miles a tank!! i had alot more get up and go, but im guessing that all the hot engine air was affecting my MPG's.... i cant wait to get a ram air hood now!!!

·
5,352 Posts
you put a filter on the end of your exhaust? ROFLCOPTER!!!

Well get a heat shield and remove your quarter resonator to free up the cooler air.

·
Registered
159 Posts
remove the passenger headlight and drill a 5" hole until you can see the filter from the front of the car. no reassembly required :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was curious does installing a cai mess with the computer at all?
or is it just a throw on part that helps everything mpg bhp & torque

·
Registered
555 Posts
i just bought a k&n cone filter to put on the end of my current exhaust system and i must say that my gas milage went down 75 miles a tank!!
LMFAO!!!!!!! Sorry but i never get a good laugh on these forums but this tops everything!!!

:3stooges:

I NEED CRABS!;)

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
i just bought a k&n cone filter to put on the end of my current exhaust system and i must say that my gas milage went down 75 miles a tank!! i had alot more get up and go, but im guessing that all the hot engine air was affecting my MPG's.... i cant wait to get a ram air hood now!!!
Keep your foot out of it... I had an increase of mpg's when I stuck a cone filter on the end of my INTAKE TUBE, and then made a cold air box for it got even better. I recently relocated it into the bumper to get it completly away from the engine heat, really did not change anything (mpgs or performance) but I like how it looks better so I'm leaving it there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
With all the intakes out there you would still need to remove your old one which means also removing the resonator in the quarter panel. That will unblock your 4" round hole in your quarter and allow the airflow to enter the front and fill the quarter, with the air exiting up top into your box. You can even funnel it from the bottom of your car up to your box like a snorkel to make a lower ram air without a hood. :cool:
Do a search on google for "G6 Tiger Crab" and read a free How To all about that!
Sooo, i read your post on g6performance and would be very interested in this project. If i buy option #3 could you include the parts for the tiger grab (except paint/primer)?

·
5,352 Posts
The tiger crab thread shows you what the parts are and what is needed
AND where to buy them.

Its a do it yourself. I dont have those parts....except for the one on my car!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Alrighty Then! I will contact you when the time comes to purchase my crab intake! Until then, i will construct that tiger grab thing!!!!

·
5,352 Posts
I even posted a PDF of a scale outline of the mouth. Easy cheesy!!

Crabs are not something to be taken lightly!! Use caution!!!! THEY ITCH!!

lol

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
I even posted a PDF of a scale outline of the mouth. Easy cheesy!!

Crabs are not something to be taken lightly!! Use caution!!!! THEY ITCH!!

lol

And if you have short arms and cant reach. Your screwed!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I thought of doing this mod before even reading this. I somewhat did it in a previous vehicle. I had the cone down inside the fender and had a scoop going to it as well as cutting a bunch where the fog lights were supposed to go.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts