Pontiac G6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I haven't bought your product, why are you looking forward to me review? I'll ask my questions on the website.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I'll tell you that I put a CRAB intake on my GXP and it made a noticeable difference in throttle response. Is it better than one I could have built myself? No. But it sure looks pretty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Obviously I'm skeptical about CAI systems. I'll continue to do my homework and draw my own conclusions but I'm ready to put my skeptisism and opinions about CAI's to rest. If it works for you, great! Best of luck to anyone selling this modification. Like anything else, I'm sure they'll find ways to continue to make improvements.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Shouldn't.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any input from CA drivers that have had to smog already need to smog this week and hoping to maybe get some clues on what to tell the technicians.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Filter box

I know this is an old thread...

I was wondering if anyone sold just the stock air box replacement so I could run my own tube over and clamp on the K&N cone?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes.... I know everyone and their brother has tried to "make" a CAI. I was just wondering if just the PANEL to separate the engine bay from where the replacement Cone style filter would BE. The bent metal piece with a gasket on top to seal from warm underhood air.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That would be the piece. Iwas thinking that crabs were only for the v6. If that piece is available by itself, how much?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Crabs is winding down its production for the G6.
After March it will be hit and miss on getting one.
More miss than hit. lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I'm going to share my experience with the Volant CAI. Installation was a bit of a PITA. Attaching the filter was a pain, the box had to be drilled for the a/c line and I had to find a fitting for the pcv line. In the end, it looks good and almost factory, if it wasn't for the flashy lid.

I was skeptical about the mpg increase but, even though I might be driving through lighter traffic due to school break, there is a marked improvement. I was struggling to average high 23s to low 24s. After the installation, I reset the mpg gauge and after a week I'm still getting low 26s average. If the engine gained 5hp in the process then it is a win-win. I have no doubt that a couple of horses were gained. The factory intake tubing is pretty weak and the high flow filter can't hurt either. As far as sound goes, well not much if a difference, since the box is sealed as the factory one is. If you take the lid off you can hear the intake though. Not that I'm doing that anyway.
In conclusion, I'm happy with the intake. I will be installing a dual out muffler soon. Hopefully, it will help with hp and mpg as well.

2007 G6 GT Coupe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Lando, any way you can post a pic. curious if they gave you a heat sheild and how it looks.
No pics. I could take some later today. It's not a heat shield. It comes with an airbox, similar to OEM, only bigger and IMO better. It came with the PowerCore filter. It's part number 415639

101 - 120 of 122 Posts