Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

any idea on what to do? should i just get a new bulb and try to reconnect it? or is the whole assembly going to get replaced? :mad:this is what happens when you give your car to your girlfriend for a day..apparently she thought it was a smart idea to squeeze tissues inside the dome light assembly and "hint" fire "hint" :(

can someone help me! thanks

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
uhhh..
1. what would posses someone to stick tissue's inside the dome cover?
2. why do you still call her your girlfriend?

i would say as long as none of the wires, or the 2 prongs, were harmed, that it would be fine, id take a wipe and clean off everything before attaching a new bulb to make sure nothing sparks a flame again. be sure to pull the wipe out before turning the light back on.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Seriously?! WTF was she thinking!

Hopefully its not done for, only way to find out is if you clean it up a bit, replace the bulb and watch it fit a bit to make sure it doesn't catch fire again

JT

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

any idea on what to do? should i just get a new bulb and try to reconnect it? or is the whole assembly going to get replaced? :mad:this is what happens when you give your car to your girlfriend for a day..apparently she thought it was a smart idea to squeeze tissues inside the dome light assembly and "hint" fire "hint" :(

can someone help me! thanks
Well if it were my car I'd have to replace it. PM me with an email address & I'll send the replacement how-to from the SI. It can be replaced without headliner removal (though I see the headliner is also damaged).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts