Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night i switched my dome light on while i was in the car...and when i went to turn it back to "door" it seemed stuck...i gave it a little yank...and it clicked back to center...i opened the door....and needless to say...no dome light came on. But if i switch it back to ON...it comes on....and it will switch to off. Its almost like the "door" function just is not working anymore :( anyone ever have this problem ?

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
53 Posts
Last night i switched my dome light on while i was in the car...and when i went to turn it back to "door" it seemed stuck...i gave it a little yank...and it clicked back to center...i opened the door....and needless to say...no dome light came on. But if i switch it back to ON...it comes on....and it will switch to off. Its almost like the "door" function just is not working anymore :( anyone ever have this problem ?
lol... not laughing at you, just the situation.. Exact same thing happened to me, problem for me was there is a metal contact under the switch, when you pulled on it, you snapped the plastic piece that holds the magnetic contact, so you might need to replace that portion of the switch.. I got a piece from the scrap yard and did it myself.. it's quite easy to do..:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
How do you get your dome light to stop rattling when you have two 12 inch subs in the back. My system sounds amazing except for the fact that that stupid globe light rattles like a mother.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lmao thank you. I was just hoping someone might have a quick fix. I've heard glue before but i don't really want to do that. My globe light rattles like no other anytime my subs are on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.