Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 6 sp.

Lately I've noticed that with the 2 doors fully closed, while I'm driving the dome light flashes on and off almost in sync with the bumps in the road.

I initially thought maybe my iPac/Pac Audio wires became loose as it has happened once before at the iPac box and it resulted in some weird electrical thing - I forget what happened. So I checked that out - and no problem. Just to be safe I completely disconnect it regardless. The problem doesn't change.

So I decide maybe a door sensor or something is on the fritz but there is no door ajar message or no chime while it is doing this. So I don't know how well this theory gels. Anyways - I decide to investigate further anyways and I come up short because.... I can't find the damn door switches!

Keep in mind its a coupe and not the 4dr version - where the ef are they? The only thing I see that could act as a door switch is the actual door hinge itself.

Any help on finding the door switch, trunk switch, or an alternative theory as to what on god's green earth is going on is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
911 Posts
its the contacts in the dome light...the switch on the light wears out the contacts underneath so when you go over bumps it wiggles the switch a little bit because the contacts no longer keep it in place.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought maybe the contacts were dirty because when I first got the car it appeared to have like - ashes? - caught in the lens of the dome lights.

Anyways I quickly eliminated that theory because both the driver side and passenger side light would flicker on and off an identical rhythm.

I figured out the solution though - I feel like a complete moron too. I forgot sometime last week I had my gf's brother in the back of the car (he's 8). He must have touched the rear dome light switch - because it was right in the middle of on and off and that is what made it finicky.

Thanks for the help though!

DOH!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts