Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My domelight rattles when I shut the door. I also notice the rattle on bumpy roads. Anyone had this problem? I tried wedging something into each clip and that fixed the problem for a couple weeks, but now it's back. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of this problem. There could be something loose in the dome light. Try to open the housing and see if there something unattached.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can remove the lens, but the housing is in there pretty tight. Is there a trick to removing the dome light assembly without breaking it?

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
ryguy76 said:
I can remove the lens, but the housing is in there pretty tight. Is there a trick to removing the dome light assembly without breaking it?
I'm not sure on how to remove the assembly. Is there anything loose in the light housing?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I ruined a dome light in my grand am by trying to remove the housing, be careful!

Are you sure it's the dome light? If you have a sunroof it might be that, my G6 had a roof rattle- it turned out that it was the sunroof motor. It is supposed to be wrapped in foam at the factory, but mine was worn through and had started to contact the roof causing a rattle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts