Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a real pain in the ass. When driving along (usually going over bumps etc.) the DIC will flash 'Door Ajar' and the chime will go off, then it will stop doing it and won't say 'Door Ajar' anymore but then on the next bump, guess what -- you got it: Door Ajar! Don't get it, but I live in Maine and there is NO way to avoid road bumps so this problem needs to go away. haha

(Yes, I'm sure all the doors are closed)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Can you tell if the switch for the door is not loose? My guess is a wire is loose or the switch itself.

BTW, welcome to the G6 Owners Club.

·
Registered
46 Posts
dude....

More then anything else, i'd be concerned that your door is a jar and not a door.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
With some determination and a 21oz Eastwing Straight claw hammer you could surely find the problem with the switch. Although most would stay with the already mentioned (IN QUOTES BELOW) options.:rolleyes:
My suggestion is to test each individual switch to find the problem, then go from there. Loose wire, switch not being depressed all the way, could be a number of things.
Can you tell if the switch for the door is not loose? My guess is a wire is loose or the switch itself.
BTW, I own many different style hammers, as you would have guessed.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts