Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added door edge bumper guards to their G6 yet? I was on a trip last weekend and parked at a gas station when a young boy got out the car parking next to me and chipped the very edge of my driver's side rear door while I was unloading my 3 year old son out of his car seat. The dad was apologetic and I have a kid so what can you do. Fast forward 10 years and my kid will probably make the same mistake. I have grrrr! :mad: touched up the spot with some factory touchup paint but was wondering if I could add some sort of door edge guard to prevent this from happening to my other three doors. This would also cover up the existing boo boo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just noticed my paint chipped on the drivers' side door edge. I ordered touch up paint from Pontiac but I'm looking into the door guards as well. I don't like the look, but I don't want to ruin the car more.

PepBoys sells generic stuff for $14. I put it on my old car and didn't have any problems with it.

I noticed the dealership has a stronger, thicker plastic on almost every car in the lot, except the G6. I asked if I could order it and was told,

"door guards aren't made for your car. We could try something that might work, but there's no guarantee or refund on it".

I'm thinking PepBoys is the way to go on this

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny.

One of the biggest complaints about the Grand Am was the body moulding on the side. It protected the car from such things as other doors hitting it.

I'm not saying that I'm a huge fan of the cladding, but it did serve a purpose.

Good luck at finding something that looks nice on the G6. If you do, let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts