Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added door edge bumper guards to their G6 yet? I was on a trip a couple of weekends back and parked at a gas station when a young boy got out the car that was parking next to me and chipped the very edge of my driver's side rear door while I was unloading my 3 year old son out of his car seat. The Mom/Dad were very apologetic and I have a kid so what can you do. Fast forward 10 years and my kid will probably make the same mistake. I have touched up the spot with some factory touchup paint but was wondering if I could add some sort of door edge guard to prevent this from happening to my other three doors. This would also cover up the existing boo boo.

· Registered
591 Posts
I see those on cars all the time, except most of the people don't stop with the doors. They go on to put the edging on all the edges of the car. To me that is just dumb because you want your car to look seamless, and that is just accentuating every seam. I do see the functionality of them for the doors though.

· Registered
210 Posts
Fusion said:
I see those on cars all the time, except most of the people don't stop with the doors. They go on to put the edging on all the edges of the car. To me that is just dumb because you want your car to look seamless, and that is just accentuating ever seam. I do see the functionality of them for the doors though.
I agree is looks horrible to go the whole length of the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.