Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door lock knob is a nub. It's half the size it ought to be and it is driving me nuts. To top it off, it's sharp. Today it got me good. That was the last straw.

It seems these door lock knobs are out of production, I can't find any on Rockauto or Autozone. Is there a compatible door lock knob, preferably billet, for the G6 convertible?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
8 Posts
My dog put her paw on it while the top was down, snapped the top right off. I am yet to look for replacements, however I’d check out pick n pull. Probably fairly cheap.
If you go there, let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could! There's none within 100 miles of me, unfortunately. Looking more into it, it appears that this plastic knob is part of the door lock rod itself - that means it's not a screw on anymore.

This is the part I believe (correct me if I am wrong) and it's getting harder and harder to find.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
8 Posts
that genuinely sucks, I checked amazon and found nothing for the coupes/convertibles. I mean it can always be DIY’d, just get some clay, put it around the other knob than some liquid stuff that solidifies and paint. But other than that idk. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a matter of fact, if there was something I can do to make the knob itself not plastic fantastic, it would definitely make me happier. It's something you can see through the door even when you are parked. But I like subtlety so it would probably be a retrofit of black billet door knobs. I do have a few handy people in my family, if there's something I figure out I will update this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts