Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasnt quite sure where to put this so here it is. Anyone know if it's possible to buy the section of the door panel that the tweeter is attached to without buying the whole door panel?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to buy the whole panel on eBay or from a wrecker. I'd rather not to that unless I can get a killer deal(under $50). I just need the section of it that the tweeter is attached too.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I'll have to buy the whole panel on eBay or from a wrecker. I'd rather not to that unless I can get a killer deal(under $50). I just need the section of it that the tweeter is attached too.
Check the dealer, sometimes the parts are a whole lot cheaper than you expect. Sometimes. If it ends up being more than you want to spend right then, ask then to write down the part number for you so you can buy it later, then look it up online.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know if they sell the part you're specifically looking for but this part supplier lists their parts based on the GM parts diagram so maybe you can find it there. Here's the breakdown they have of the doorpanel:

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocat...5422&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I should add that their prices seem to be the lowest although I haven't purchased from them. If they are the same company that sells new Ford parts whose website looks identical then I can say they are quick shippers as I've purchased parts from that side. They were about 40% cheaper than the dealer by the way.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but they don't have it. I may just have to buy a whole door panel. I found one on eBay for $20 buy it's only one side. Can't find the other side cheap enough.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, i plan on calling them when i get time. dont really need it till the summer though so i got time. are you sure it just snaps in place? it looks like i would have to melt the plastic holding it down a bit to get it off. i really like the price of the part from the site blackpony posted, but $55 shipping is a little extreme for $10 in parts

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, i plan on calling them when i get time. dont really need it till the summer though so i got time. are you sure it just snaps in place? it looks like i would have to melt the plastic holding it down a bit to get it off. i really like the price of the part from the site blackpony posted, but $55 shipping is a little extreme for $10 in parts
Aw, I'm sorry man, I didn't realize you were in Canada. It's $10 shipped in the US. But at least you can compare the part numbers I suppose with the dealer.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blackpony - thanks, I'll look into their shipping prices. Hopefully it isn't too much.

Justdpot - if you could do that, that would be much appreciated. If you could get a price that would be even better. Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
29 Posts
Blackpony - thanks, I'll look into their shipping prices. Hopefully it isn't too much.

Justdpot - if you could do that, that would be much appreciated. If you could get a price that would be even better. Thanks a bunch

so i found out at work today the door piece on the 4 door with the tweeter is one panel its hooked to the door panel. now the bad news the door panel list for 404 :eek: new dealer cost 252. the piece on the website is for the 2 door g6

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah i see the difference. looks like i may just have to work with what i've got then. hopefully those other guys will email me back about shipping prices

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.