Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My door was ripped open by the wind yesterday, and now it wont seem to shut properly unless I force it.

It's possibly sprung, but I see no visible damage to the hinges or door itself, no creases at all, and it seems to fit well enough onto the car....

The door wont lock at all when open, and has difficulty unlocking, but besides the closing problem, this seems to be the only problem, is it possibly the latch or does it definitely sound sprung to you?

Any help at all, including what it might cost me and ways to fix it myself would be greatly appreciated.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Wow. Were you in a tornado or something?

I'd start by checking the black plastic thing that keeps the door from closing on your leg. I don't know what it's proper name is. I know that you are supposed to grease it once in a while, anyway, it might have gotten pulled beyond its limit by the wind. If it's binding up it'd be hard to open or close the door. Also if it pulled hard enough it might have bent the hinge pins.

One other thing to check is the rubber around the outside of the door, if it got pulled out of place the door would definitely be harder to close. I had that happen on another car, but so far, not on the G6.

Seriously though, good luck figuring it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.