Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 G6 GT Couple. I've noticed over the past month or so that my coupe windows will slide up prematurely when I open the driver door, or the radio will stay on. Typically all i have to do is close the door then re-open it.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a fuse issue, a door switch issue? If so, does anyone have an experience/ guidance on changing the door switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sounds like the latch assy is dying. Very common issue & discussed many times in this forum. There's a how-to in the Chilton's for G6. You might as well learn to replace them as they all will be failing with time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! Yeah, I'm guessing it was discussed a while back.. I gave up after about 50 pages of searching through topics, everyone seemed to have the opposite issue. haha.

I'll take a look at Chilton's, at 99k miles, i'm guessing I have quite a few repairs in my future. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
IIRC, latches go for about $60+ online. Dealer will be higher even though only oem latches are available-no aftermarkets are made. Each door has a unique part number. Should be able to find the numbers somewhere in the old posts. You'll save a lot DIY. Once you've done one, you'll be an expert & the others will be easy. Driver's door almost always fails first as it sees the most duty cycles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am also expericencing this lol over the past month as well lol. Can u direct me to the proper thread please?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts